Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Unicorn at the Puyallup Costco

  1. #1
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Unicorn at the Puyallup Costco

    My son saw an OC'er about 4-5pm Sunday.

  2. #2
    Regular Member leitung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151
    Surprised that all of Costco wasn't running for the doors..


    Said no one ever..

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    I hope you're aware that Costco is an established anti-gun business.

    Just hope they don't cause a repeat of the Erik Scott incident on you.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I hope you're aware that Costco is an established anti-gun business.

    Just hope they don't cause a repeat of the Erik Scott incident on you.
    While I agree with everything you just said, I like to make sure everyone is aware that Erik was not OC. He was concealing, poorly.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    How did the son determine it was a unicorn and not just an OCer?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spokane Washington
    Posts
    285
    Lol, I have OC all through spokane valley costco and no one said a word.Ii have done this once, and it was before I knew of all the anti gun drama w/ costco

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I hope you're aware that Costco is an established anti-gun business.

    Just hope they don't cause a repeat of the Erik Scott incident on you.
    I had no problem OCing at Costco for a few years until too many Canadians complained.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member leitung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I had no problem OCing at Costco for a few years until too many Canadians complained.
    Good for nothing Canadians, don't like it stay north of your imaginary line..



    I say that will all the possible love for my maple syrup making, tim hortons coffee drinking friends to the north..
    Last edited by leitung; 10-08-2013 at 08:45 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    Good for nothing Canadians, don't like it stay north of your imaginary line..



    I say that will all the possible love for my maple syrup making, tim hortons coffee drinking friends to the north..
    Some tried to get me evicted at Wal-mart....didn't work....

    Most are actually pretty supportive though, I get into lots of conversations, and one time got a free bag of booze....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Some tried to get me evicted at Wal-mart....didn't work....

    Most are actually pretty supportive though, I get into lots of conversations, and one time got a free bag of booze....
    I'm almost scared to ask. What kind of booze comes in a bag.

    Gimme a bottle, barrel, or mason jar. But not a bag--too hard to roll down the edges and drink without spilling after the first half hour.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm almost scared to ask. What kind of booze comes in a bag. Gimme a bottle, barrel, or mason jar. But not a bag--too hard to roll down the edges and drink without spilling after the first half hour.
    The only wine that I buy that does not come in a bag is for gifting. Our vin ordinaire is nearly exclusively box-wine. I have heard of 5-liter bags but haven't found a source yet.

    A cherished memory is of a (It.L500) decaliter of vino da tavoal with friends in Ristorante Garibaldi off the north coast of Sardinia.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    ...off the north coast of Sardinia.
    That would be in the water, technically speaking. La Maddalena, or perhaps Bonifacio? Technically, there is very little "north coast" of Sardegna looking at a map of the island. A great deal of NW and NE coast is available though.


  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157
    Giuseppi Garibaldi retired to Caprera in the late Nineteenth Century, died in 1882
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member leitung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm almost scared to ask. What kind of booze comes in a bag.

    Gimme a bottle, barrel, or mason jar. But not a bag--too hard to roll down the edges and drink without spilling after the first half hour.
    Crown Royal, has a glass bottle in a bag..

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm almost scared to ask. What kind of booze comes in a bag.

    Gimme a bottle, barrel, or mason jar. But not a bag--too hard to roll down the edges and drink without spilling after the first half hour.

    Nothing great but it was a variety of cheap party booze, my wife did enjoy the several frozen premade daqueries though. They couldn't bring it back across the border without hassle so gave it to the guy with a gun.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I hope you're aware that Costco is an established anti-gun business.

    Just hope they don't cause a repeat of the Erik Scott incident on you.
    No they're a kinda sorta if someone complains they may or may not make up a policy on open carry sort of business. I've open carried in the Costco in Missoula Montana and no issues.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    No they're a kinda sorta if someone complains they may or may not make up a policy on open carry sort of business. I've open carried in the Costco in Missoula Montana and no issues.
    Costco has a corporate policy outright prohibiting firearms in all their locations, period.

    The Costcos in my area have trained the doormen to deny entry to visibly armed patrons.

    It's definitely not what you describe.

    Unless that was supposed to be a reference to Starbucks, which isn't comparable.
    Last edited by marshaul; 10-10-2013 at 06:40 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Costco has a corporate policy outright prohibiting firearms in all their locations, period.

    The Costcos in my area have trained the doormen to deny entry to visibly armed patrons.

    It's definitely not what you describe.

    Unless that was supposed to be a reference to Starbucks, which isn't comparable.
    They keep claiming they have one.... Personally I carry anyway. I haven't been bothered, it's not in the membership agreement, and since I pay money for the privelage of entering It would be breach of contract as far as I'm concerned.

    Of course in the WA costcos I've been carrying concealed. But I've open carried in two montana locations and am yet to be asked to leave.

    I would like a member to take them to court... It seems to me that if you get a Costco card you're contractually agreeing to their conditions in exchange for right of entry, and if they keep you out based off of non agreed upon rules while taking your money to allow you in that to me would be breach of contract..... My reasoning is not something I'm willing to try in court, but it makes me feel better about CC inside the local warehouse
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    ...I would like a member to take them to court... It seems to me that if you get a Costco card you're contractually agreeing to their conditions in exchange for right of entry, and if they keep you out based off of non agreed upon rules while taking your money to allow you in that to me would be breach of contract..... My reasoning is not something I'm willing to try in court, but it makes me feel better about CC inside the local warehouse
    Even if their anti-gun policy wasn't known (I've seen it in writing through one of these threads before), I'm pretty sure their membership agreement would have the standard language that the terms can change at any time and that your recourse if you do not agree with the changes is a full refund of your membership dues.

    Several members, even after using most of their 12-month term, have received full year's refunds for canceling their membership of this blatantly anti-gun corporation. Just because a local manager doesn't care to enforce it, doesn't mean you aren't supporting a vehemently anti-gun outfit.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •