• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

today and illegal alien asked me......

onus

I have been quite friendly for a few years with a man and his wife who do landscaping at my health club. They each have been in the US for about 12 years (according to them) but they are completely illegal, no visa and no green card.

Today while I was talking to Blanca (the woman) she asked me what she is supposed to do about singing up for Obamacare. I told her I had no clue.

So, does anyone know what she is supposed to do ?

Obama and the democrats said very bluntly and explicitly that NO illegal aliens would be getting benefits from Obamacare. However, does that mean they are exempted from the requirement to purchase health care ?

JustJack

Today while I was talking to Blanca (the woman) she asked me what she is supposed to do about singing up for Obamacare. I told her I had no clue.

Go back to their country of origin, file the proper paperwork, get visa's, apply for citizenship, pass the test, become citizens. That's what they SHOULD do.

FreeInAZ

Go back to their country of origin, file the proper paperwork, get visa's, apply for citizenship, pass the test, become citizens. That's what they SHOULD do.

Agreed. Now to Onus's OP - assuming a Illegal immigrant has obtained a passable fake SS card/number & they have a state ID (passable) they may very well qualify. The ten ton elephant in the room that no one is talking about is - does the government, and employers who profit off the labor and taxes paid via the immigrants? My guess is yes? Let's say half are in the system & paying taxes via false ID's. So if that's the case how motivated is our government to stop illegal immigration? Remember although immigrant taxes aren't a huge number, what their employers pay in taxes is! On the government side you have to look at it this way - We have multiple agencies ICE/BP etc to name a few who would no longer receive funding if illegal immigration suddenly came to a stop.

Follow the money - it is nearly always at the root of the issues. Once not long ago when I lived back east in a shady town, there were multiple drug apartment complexes - some within 3 blocks of the police station! I lived there for nearly 25 years. Guess what/ they generated over 80% of the police calls. Now the only thing that makes any sense is the police didn't really want to close down the drug business. Why? 80% less calls means less cool toys and tin soldiers, less drug related property confiscations of : cars/electronics/cash etc...

Now apply that same scenario on the State/Federal scale and we start to see a symbiotic link between the "good guys" and crime. Do away with violators and LE / Big Gov suffers. Not right, but I think it is a reallistic view of how far we've fallen as a civilized country. :(

Last edited:

Bernymac

What should they do? Really?:shocker:

The better question is...what should YOU do?

Wait...uhm, you have health club membership? :eek:

eye95

I have been quite friendly for a few years with a man and his wife who do landscaping at my health club. They each have been in the US for about 12 years (according to them) but they are completely illegal, no visa and no green card.

Obama and the democrats said very bluntly and explicitly that NO illegal aliens would be getting benefits from Obamacare. However, does that mean they are exempted from the requirement to purchase health care ?

What is she supposed to do? Leave.

DocWalker

Agreed they should leave and then apply legally like those from other countries do, they must wait and do it legally.

As for the obama care crap the dear leader also said it wasn't a tax and that it was free. For those that voted for him or didn't vote I hope you like the change.