Thread: Jenny Wiley Festival - Oct 9th - Oct. 12th In Prestonsburg, Ky.

Cool Jenny Wiley Festival - Oct 9th - Oct. 12th In Prestonsburg, Ky.

Well it's that time of the year once again, the festival season of Eastern Kentucky! Red, White & Blue Days and Apple Days are both over and done with this year and the last one locally is Jenny Wilet Pioneer Festival.

I'm not posting this to promote the parade or events though, I'm posting to see how many might be attending and carrying during this event? Figured that it might be nice to possibly meet-up at some point during the festival, if possible. I know that there are a lot of things going on this weekend though and at this point I can't really say for sure if I'll even be able to make it but even if I can't, I thought that others might and this thread would allow them a place to coordinate their plans, maybe.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Cool

I'll be in the Jenny Wiley Parade. I'll be driving my black EZGO Golf Cart. With my Don't Tread On Me Flags on it. I'll have my 91/30 Mosin Nagant Rifle and carrying my Glock 17. I'm gonna stop in during the parade get out and hold up my rifle and shout, "From my cold dead, hands!"

I was at Apple Days too on Saturday carrying. If anyone seen me. Big Guy, black jeans, white t-shirt with Red, White, & Blue Days on the front and back.

I had a young teenager walk up to me at Apple Days to shake my hand and tell me we need more American's like me. It was a good day.

I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Not sure about the parade on Saturday, that's still a few days away but I'm pretty sure that we'll be in town tomorrow after an appointment is taken care of and out of the way. If anyone's roaming P-burg tomorrow, just look for a tall guy in a OD Green shirt with a Gadsden on the front left pocket side and a quote from Lincoln on the back. I'll of course be carrying! *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

I was up in Prestonsburg yesterday evening, there was NOTHING to be seen or had at a decent price! As has been the case in years past, every vendor is outrageously priced and just not worth the cost.

On the weapon side of things, the local police department ahs a DPMS AR-15 for raffle! :-) The girlfriend bought 2 tickets on it and is really hoping to win it. They told her the estimated value was right around $800.

Had absolutely no problems with OC and LEO's were all over the place last night. The atmosphere was nice but sadly, as I said, there was just nothing worth seeing. :-(
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Cool

My brother-in-law and me in the parade today. I stopped in front of the Floyd County Justice Center. Held my Rifle high and shouted, "FROM MY COLD DEAD, HANDS! IF OBAMA WANTS IT! LET HIM TRY AND TAKE IT! HE WILL NOT SUCCEED!" Everyone watching the parade loved it. A great day, nice people, and no problems with law enforcement. I even had the county jailer before the parade and two national veterans come up to me and thanked me for standing up for our rights. A great day....

Check out my photos below...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark McKinney Don't Tread On Me Float 04.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark McKinney Don't Tread On Me Float 21.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	10887
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mem1977 View Post
    My brother-in-law and me in the parade today. I stopped in front of the Floyd County Justice Center. Held my Rifle high and shouted, "FROM MY COLD DEAD, HANDS! IF OBAMA WANTS IT! LET HIM TRY AND TAKE IT! HE WILL NOT SUCCEED!" Everyone watching the parade loved it. A great day, nice people, and no problems with law enforcement. I even had the county jailer before the parade and two national veterans come up to me and thanked me for standing up for our rights. A great day....

Check out my photos below...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark McKinney Don't Tread On Me Float 04.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark McKinney Don't Tread On Me Float 21.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	10887
    That is great to hear & see, Mark! :-)
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Moderator: You can un-sticky this.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    Moderator: You can un-sticky this.
    Appreciate it - a PM works best.

I'm waay behind in my household duties.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.