Thread: Obamascare Personal Data Can Be Used For ‘Law Enforcement and Audit Activities'

Obamascare Personal Data Can Be Used For ‘Law Enforcement and Audit Activities'

"Maryland's Health Connection, the state's Obamacare marketplace, has been plagued by delays in the first days of open enrollment. If users are able to endure long page-loading delays, they are presented with the website's privacy policy, a ubiquitous fine-print feature on websites that often go unread. Nevertheless, users are asked to check off a box that they agree to the terms.

Should you decide to apply for health coverage through Maryland Health Connection, the information you supply in your application will be used to determine whether you are eligible for health and dental coverage offered through Maryland Health Connection and for insurance affordability programs. It also may be used to assist you in making a payment for the insurance plan you select, and for related automated reminders or other activities permitted by law. We will preserve the privacy of personal records and protect confidential or privileged information in full accordance with federal and State law. We will not sell your information to others. Any information that you provide to us in your application will be used only to carry out the functions of Maryland Health Connection. The only exception to this policy is that we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...es_762237.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Lucky nobody is able to complete their information into the system !

5th amendment argument for not having insurance ... hmmm

I got a letter from my private insurance company and apparently my information through them is subject to similar stuff. They can release my info without my consent etc.

So, it's not just Obamacare recipients, it is pretty much anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    I got a letter from my private insurance company and apparently my information through them is subject to similar stuff. They can release my info without my consent etc.

So, it's not just Obamacare recipients, it is pretty much anyone.
    Yes it is... BECAUSE of Obamacare legislation, all insurance companies must toe the line.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Shhh....! The DemocRats will hear you and amend it so that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    There is no such thing as HIPPA. Just sayin'...