549.02 WEAPON POSSESSION IN CERTAIN PLACES PROHIBITED.
(a) No person, in and about the streets, alleys or other public places of the City, or at any other place within the City except as noted below, shall be in possession of or carry or have on or about his person any instrument, device or thing capable of inflicting bodily harm and designed or specifically adapted for use as a weapon, or possessed, carried or used as a weapon.
(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the persons listed below:
(1) Persons at their residence or fixed place of business.
(2) Persons at a suitable firing or archery range.
(3) Persons participating in a public weapons display, show or exhibition.
(4) Persons in a vehicle being used to transport a weapon for any lawful purpose, provided that the weapon is not readily accessible to any such person, and, if the weapon is a firearm, it is transported in accordance with the provisions of Section 549.04(c).
(5) Law enforcement officers, officers and employees of the City, State, or Federal Government agencies, and officers and employees of private security firms, if they are authorized by proper authority to carry weapons and are acting within the scope of their lawful duties.
(c) Whoever violates any provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(Ord. 85-56. Passed 7-29-85.)