Thread: Holster recommendations

NE Ohio

Holster recommendations

I'll be at the gun show in Medina Ohio this weekend and thought I'd see if I could find a nice holster for my Ruger GP100 3" and maybe one for my Ruger P89/P90 too while I'm at it. I do like nice leather, but wouldn't turn away from Kydex or the like for the right holster. I'm right handed and carry 3:00, and I'm looking for something with some retention beyond simple friction - thumb break, etc., but not necessarily a high retention system.

Any particular recommendations for either of these firearms would be appreciated, and if you know of a particular style or maker I should stay away from, I'm all ears.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Findlay, Ohio, United States
    I have a DeSantis leather thumb-break scabbard holster. Has a retention screw as well as the thumb break. I like it a lot so far, and they do make one for each of the models you stated.

Somewhere over the Rainbow
    If your in the market for a new holster feel free to checkout all the links I compiled in the Holster Options Document at

I just added a couple new brands and options Great colors and leather finishes available for around $60 or less Great looking thick leather IWB holsters for $30 and free Kydex trades for life
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788 to DL useful Info