Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emily Miller outs Diane F.

Emily Miller outs Diane F.

See her new piece on Sen F. getting the Chief to let her have illegal weapons. Today's Washington Times.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    See her new piece on Sen F. getting the Chief to let her have illegal weapons. Today's Washington Times.
    I don't fault Feinstein other than for her making an illegal request. I absolutely fault Lanier and the City Attorney for being complicit in providing -- even importing -- firearms that DC has deemed to be illegal to possess. This is even more egregious than failing to prosecute David Gregory for breaking DC law by possessing a 30-round magazine.

ETA: Here's Emily's editorial: http://ht.ly/pE1EI
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 10-09-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well the ban is unconstitutional. She should have brought in her own firearms however.

--Moderator edited quote--
    Please cite where a responsible court has declared DC law to be unconstitutional, keeping in mind that Heller only overturned that portion of DC law that made keeping a handgun in one's home illegal.

It might be that in your opinion the DC laws against possessing certain classes, makes or models of firearms outside one's home are unconstitutional, but until a competent court makes that ruling your opinion is just more spitting into the wind.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-09-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: edited quote

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Please cite where a responsible court has declared DC law to be unconstitutional, keeping in mind that Heller only overturned that portion of DC law that made keeping a handgun in one's home illegal.

It might be that in your opinion the DC laws against possessing certain classes, makes or models of firearms outside one's home are unconstitutional, but until a competent court makes that ruling your opinion is just more spitting into the wind.
    I disagree. Our rights are not subject to a vote. Even by guys wearing robes.

Do you have the right to breath? No court has said so and none need to.

I disagree. Our rights are not subject to a vote. Even by guys wearing robes.

Inane sophistry. No legislature has created a law that denies your right to breathe.

It may be your opinion that the DC law is unconstitutional -- and I may agree with you about that -- but neither your nor my opinion makes that a fact.

How about you trotting on down to DC from Connecticut and be the test case by bringing your fully loaded AR or AK with you. Once you have been arrested, arraigned, tried and convicted, and from your prison cell, you file an appeal based on unconstitutionality. After the DC Circuit denies your case and you appeal to the SCOTUS and they overturn the ruling (being optimistic here), you may still be young enough to once again exercise your right to keep and bear arms outside your home in DC.
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 10-09-2013 at 01:40 PM.

EPA has ruled

You should be aware the EPA has ruled that your exhaled breath is composed of CO2, which it deemed a pollutant and will be enforcing laws to reduce emissions. The EPA would probably not stop you from breathing - that will be HHS and the IRS, who are enforcing Obamacare and the death panels - they'll have access to your medical records and if you breathe too much, they can recommend not giving you expensive medicine or medical procedures you might need to keep living in the future.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Feinstein, one of America's 535 best

I don't fault Feinstein other than for her making an illegal request. I absolutely fault Lanier and the City Attorney for being complicit in providing -- even importing -- firearms that DC has deemed to be illegal to possess. This is even more egregious than failing to prosecute David Gregory for breaking DC law by possessing a 30-round magazine.

Example of an elected lying idiot with Rectal Cranial Insertion Disorder. She has plenty of company in DC.

Funny how the laws she doesn't like "don't apply" to her. If you or I did that we would have been charged and incarcerated.

This is even more egregious than failing to prosecute David Gregory for breaking DC law by possessing a 30-round magazine.
    Two wrongs do not make a right, and it could never be "egregious", or wrong, to not charge someone for something like this. It is (and remains) wrong to have charged anybody else in the first place.

Do not succumb to petty reprisal, otherwise you lose your rightful moral high horse.
    Last edited by marshaul; 10-09-2013 at 02:01 PM.

"competent court"
    This is my favorite part of your comment and the most amusing I might say. Can you please site a "competent court" for me I find them all to be far from competent.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    This is my favorite part of your comment and the most amusing I might say. Can you please site a "competent court" for me I find them all to be far from competent.
    ^^^ Useless, inane reply to the use of a legal term. And it's "cite," not "site."
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 10-09-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Two wrongs do not make a right, and it could never be "egregious", or wrong, to not charge someone for something like this. It is (and remains) wrong to have charged anybody else in the first place.

Do not succumb to petty reprisal, otherwise you lose your rightful moral high horse.
    We should all be equal under the law. What is illegal for all must not be ignored for some just because they have celebrity.

I do not disagree that the law should not exist, but while it does anyone who violates that law should be charged regardless of their celebrity, station or position in life, and surely the "authorities (in this case, Lanier) must not abet an unlawful act simply to curry favor with the powerful.

Thanks for linking this up. I was on my way out the door and wanted to get it up.

So who spent a late night out drinking 200 proof vodka?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109_2013_2013-10-8-14-21-428201_s800x479.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	10867

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    You should be aware the EPA has ruled that your exhaled breath is composed of CO2, which it deemed a pollutant and will be enforcing laws to reduce emissions. The EPA would probably not stop you from breathing - that will be HHS and the IRS, who are enforcing Obamacare and the death panels - they'll have access to your medical records and if you breathe too much, they can recommend not giving you expensive medicine or medical procedures you might need to keep living in the future.
    In the spirit of Bill Clinton...all one would have to do is "not exhale" to remain legal, imo.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Founder's Club Member
    If the weapons were the property of or at least in the custody of the DC police and merely on display while they remained in their control, what law was broken?

Is it known for a fact that the weapons were just handed over by the police and that a police officer was not present?

I do not disagree that the law should not exist, but while it does anyone who violates that law should be charged...
    Wrong.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    in the spirit of bill clinton...all one would have to do is "not exhale" to remain legal, imo.
    lol

Banned
    Inane sophistry. No legislature has created a law that denies your right to breathe.

It may be your opinion that the DC law is unconstitutional -- and I may agree with you about that -- but neither your nor my opinion makes that a fact.

How about you trotting on down to DC from Connecticut and be the test case by bringing your fully loaded AR or AK with you. Once you have been arrested, arraigned, tried and convicted, and from your prison cell, you file an appeal based on unconstitutionality. After the DC Circuit denies your case and you appeal to the SCOTUS and they overturn the ruling (being optimistic here), you may still be young enough to once again exercise your right to keep and bear arms outside your home in DC.
    Inane?

Also, I would not be arrested. Why should I be? I have have handguns etc in DC before w/o incident.

See, I live in America ...

It's their opinion that its illegal, not mine. They are wrong. I don't need guys in robs telling me that. And I sold hundreds of handguns to folks in Chgo when they had their anti-handgun laws. Look, I'm still free...

When I have issues I consult my legal firm of Smith & Wesson.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by JamesCanby

I do not disagree that the law should not exist, but while it does anyone who violates that law should be charged...

Prosecution via bad laws benefits no one.

If we would defend a pro-gunnie for inadvertently having one piece of spent brass in his cup holder because he had no ill intent, so to must we extend the hand of fairness to all.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The DC Court of Appeals in Otis Jackson v. United States.

Link: http://scholar.google.com/scholar_ca...=2&as_sdt=2,49
    Last edited by Thundar; 10-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

^^^ Useless, inane reply to the use of a legal term. And it's "cite," not "site."
    Thanks for the english lesson, I will be sure to put spelling and grammer errors in all my post from now on as to stroke your ego as an english teacher. I hope you feel better about yourself.

Like DiFi gave a rat's rear end about Ms. Miller and her reporting. DiFi has Mr. Holder and Obama watching her back.....nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Prosecution via bad laws benefits no one.

If we would defend a pro-gunnie for inadvertently having one piece of spent brass in his cup holder because he had no ill intent, so to must we extend the hand of fairness to all.
    We must certainly advocate for a change in the laws that affect our rights ... but we must not break the law in order to do so. By charging the "elite" when they break the law we are gaining additional publicity as to the unfairness of the law. This board, I believe, says that we must not endorse law breaking in order to achieve our worthy ends. Thus, while we work hard to repeal laws with which we disagree, we must insist, at least, that they be applied equally to all, or to none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Like DiFi gave a rat's rear end about Ms. Miller and her reporting. DiFi has Mr. Holder and Obama watching her back.....nuff said.
    She has personal bodyguards and owns a .357 Revolver. She can own any firearm she wants, from automatic weapons, to silencers to assault rifles, you name it, because the DC Chief of Police is apparently in her pocket.

Inane?

Also, I would not be arrested. Why should I be? I have have handguns etc in DC before w/o incident.

See, I live in America ...

It's their opinion that its illegal, not mine. They are wrong. I don't need guys in robs telling me that. And I sold hundreds of handguns to folks in Chgo when they had their anti-handgun laws. Look, I'm still free...

When I have issues I consult my legal firm of Smith & Wesson.
    The fact that you were not caught, charged, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned does not make your actions -- if they were real and not just keyboard commando fictions -- any less illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Thanks for the english lesson, I will be sure to put spelling and grammer errors in all my post from now on as to stroke your ego as an english teacher. I hope you feel better about yourself.
    It's "grammar" not "grammer," and "English" not "english." Just trying to help ... and I felt fine about myself before your comment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast