• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emily Miller outs Diane F.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Prosecution via bad laws benefits no one.

If we would defend a pro-gunnie for inadvertently having one piece of spent brass in his cup holder because he had no ill intent, so to must we extend the hand of fairness to all.

We must certainly advocate for a change in the laws that affect our rights ... but we must not break the law in order to do so. By charging the "elite" when they break the law we are gaining additional publicity as to the unfairness of the law. This board, I believe, says that we must not endorse law breaking in order to achieve our worthy ends. Thus, while we work hard to repeal laws with which we disagree, we must insist, at least, that they be applied equally to all, or to none at all.

Maverick9

Like DiFi gave a rat's rear end about Ms. Miller and her reporting. DiFi has Mr. Holder and Obama watching her back.....nuff said.

She has personal bodyguards and owns a .357 Revolver. She can own any firearm she wants, from automatic weapons, to silencers to assault rifles, you name it, because the DC Chief of Police is apparently in her pocket.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Inane? :lol::lol:

Also, I would not be arrested. Why should I be? I have have handguns etc in DC before w/o incident.

See, I live in America ...

It's their opinion that its illegal, not mine. They are wrong. I don't need guys in robs telling me that. And I sold hundreds of handguns to folks in Chgo when they had their anti-handgun laws. Look, I'm still free...

When I have issues I consult my legal firm of Smith & Wesson.

The fact that you were not caught, charged, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned does not make your actions -- if they were real and not just keyboard commando fictions -- any less illegal.

Maverick9

It's "grammar" not "grammer," and "English" not "english." Just trying to help ... and I felt fine about myself before your comment.

He also missed the plural on 'post' (posts), and probably a comma. Good thing he has us to help him, he needs it. :)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I long ago realized I wouldn't have any friends if I corrected every mistake I notice.

In fact, I tend to throw in a few intentional errors for the same reason. :p

(That's my story and I'm sticking with it.)

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The fact that you were not caught, charged, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned does not make your actions -- if they were real and not just keyboard commando fictions -- any less illegal.

I have been caught violating unconstitutional laws; laws that no competent court has overturned.

Legislatures can pass whatever laws that they want. It does not mean that the executive branch officials will take action or prosecute. They are not mandated to do so.

I think that you are confusing illegal actions with immoral actions; they are separate and distinct concepts.

2a4all

I've watched several of these "Emily Interviews", and I have to admire Emily for appearing on the show, but I seriously question her decision to allow herself to be used as "cannon fodder" by these polished, glib talking heads who are trying to push their agenda.

She understands the subject matter, but doesn't fare well in these venues. She had a hard time in the back and forth of the "What if I want a machine gun" question. Her statement "The NFA has been around since 1934, so we shouldn't repeal it." made her look a bit foolish.

Overall, they skillfully set her up with each question and she gave ineffective responses.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We must certainly advocate for a change in the laws that affect our rights ... but we must not break the law in order to do so. By charging the "elite" when they break the law we are gaining additional publicity as to the unfairness of the law. This board, I believe, says that we must not endorse law breaking in order to achieve our worthy ends. Thus, while we work hard to repeal laws with which we disagree, we must insist, at least, that they be applied equally to all, or to none at all.

I see some incommonly common ground there.

Abolish all gun laws. Assault, battery, murder, rape, and robbery are already illegal.

Gun laws generally only punish otherwise good people. Uh oh, I almost forgot - THAT is the point.

SAvage410

That's easy. Bazooka, machine-gun - cost of ammo too high, inefficient.

There are many examples from US history that illustrate the fact that weapons of war (including cannon and armed naval vessels) owned by common citizens was not seen as either unusual or alarming. In fact, the nascent government explicitly commissioned such vessels during the Revolutionary War. See this link for details: http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/serials/files/cato-journal/1991/5/cj11n1-8.pdf.

Also, unless it's been repealed w/out my knowledge, the US Constitution still allows for this sort of thing. See, for example Article I, Sec. 8 cl. 11:

"The Congress shall have Power To ... declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; ... "

Letters of Marque and Reprisal grant to individuals the right to engage in activities that would normally be considered piracy. That such actions are (usually) reserved for Navy Seals and other SpecOps types does not mean that the government does not, on occasion, commission private forces to do its dirty work for it.

2a4all

There are many examples from US history that illustrate the fact that weapons of war (including cannon and armed naval vessels) owned by common citizens was not seen as either unusual or alarming. In fact, the nascent government explicitly commissioned such vessels during the Revolutionary War. See this link for details: http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/serials/files/cato-journal/1991/5/cj11n1-8.pdf.

Also, unless it's been repealed w/out my knowledge, the US Constitution still allows for this sort of thing. See, for example Article I, Sec. 8 cl. 11:

"The Congress shall have Power To ... declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; ... "

Letters of Marque and Reprisal grant to individuals the right to engage in activities that would normally be considered piracy. That such actions are (usually) reserved for Navy Seals and other SpecOps types does not mean that the government does not, on occasion, commission private forces to do its dirty work for it.
Ah, a Letter of Marque. Great for framing on your wall. Now a Cheque to go with it would be the thing!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Please cite where a responsible court has declared DC law to be unconstitutional, keeping in mind that Heller only overturned that portion of DC law that made keeping a handgun in one's home illegal.

It might be that in your opinion the DC laws against possessing certain classes, makes or models of firearms outside one's home are unconstitutional, but until a competent court makes that ruling your opinion is just more spitting into the wind.

(sigh)

Keep in mind that even SCOTUS's rulings are referred to as opinions.

Why let the government decide what is or isn't constitutional? Letting the government decide what its own constraints are is folly.

Check out The Kentucky Resolves.

Why invalidate the opinion of a freedom-minded person by calling it "just more spitting into the wind?"