• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT Cops Seize 69-Year-Old's 274 Legal Guns and Charge Him With 17 Felonies

JustJack

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Callahan was allowed free in lieu of bond with the condition that he help officials sort out the scene."

One has to wonder what sorting out might be required?

Return his personal property and compensate him for the inconvenience and embarrassment. Realizing of course, that I do not have all of the facts.

Last edited:

jhfc

When police arrived at the Bronson Road home last Wednesday, they discovered the hazardous chemicals, up to 200 guns, tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition, apparently homemade explosive devices and 250 gallons of jet fuel, CBS 2′s Lou Young reported.

“Anybody who makes bombs has some sort of nefarious reason for it,” Police Chief Gary MacNamara said at the time. “There are indications that he did have some hobbies with regards to rockets. When he crossed the line or why he crossed the line into manufacturing explosive devices, we don’t know.”

The bombs were described as sticks of explosives that would be detonated by a lit fuse and are larger than an M-80 firecracker but smaller than a stick of dynamite.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/07/fairfield-man-charged-with-making-bombs-in-home/

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Police found M-80 fireworks

Unless he has a permit, this is verboten. Even if you go down to South Carolina or up to New Hampshire. Even though tjhey will sell them to you, no questions asked.

As for "illegal guns" -
He is simply a gun collector who also happened to work for DuPont as well as gunmaker Remington Arms, which is how his attorney says he acquired most of his guns.

Doesn't matter who he acquired them from - but it does matter if he registered them, as well as going through the proper steps to have possession properly transferred to him from whoever previously had legal possession.

He could be not as innocent and pure as folks want him to be.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Checking for update .. I see he has a 5 NOV 13 court date ..

They charged him will 20-100 "explosive" charges (CGS Sec. 29-348)

Sec. 29-348. (Formerly Sec. 29-88). Illegal possession. Any person, having in his possession any explosive for which he has not a bill of sale or who cannot produce legal evidence showing that he obtained such explosive by a legal transfer, shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than ten years or both for each offense.

Surprised they did not charge him with a million counts .. each grain is a "explosive"

MattinWA

Doesn't matter who he acquired them from - but it does matter if he registered them, as well as going through the proper steps to have possession properly transferred to him from whoever previously had legal possession.

wow im sure glad I dont have to put up with that antiamerican duechbaggery in my state.