• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support our veterans 10/13/13

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Soooo I got up AOK, got to LOWS at 8:25, we got to tacoma at 8:50, Clay couldnt come, I got to sit shotgun...
Folks were showing up same as us, at 9 about 20 bikers rode in,,, loudly!!!
Total folks were estimated by me at 40,,, Squeak thought it was 60...
I got many compliments for my standard parade carry with the flags sticking out of the
muzzle of m slung 45 cal black powder kentucky rifle,, of coarse I also OCd my FNP45!
We did the pledge, sang the anthem, lots of flags, uniforms and and salutes..
The lady that sang at the 2A meet in Olympia was master of our ceremonies and sang Oh beautiful for us.
I spent a few minutes with a task I seem to enjoy,, wandering around the area
picking up the litter that thoughtless folks discard in a place that has plenty of garbage cans!!!
Many folks took turns with the mic to talk about vets in their family,
their own service and the trials and tribulations of recent service members.
Many pics were took and we gathered for some group pics, by who, I dont know...

Sooo It was Squeak and me and Caroline/ca2373, and tackitus21, from OCDO,,, wished we had been more.
Met 2 unicorns, young service guys that looked up carry laws on their own, and were glad to take
Washington open carry trifolds.

On the way home we stopped at 1 of those hoity toity caffee shops in Gig Horbour,,, I got the WTF
look from a guy going to his car,, but I just gave him a smile and nod of my head,
he shrugged his shoulders and went about his business,,, no problem!
Sooo the placed was so packed with yuppies,, Squeak would have had to stand outside to be inline!!

Sooo, wisely we decided in about 1/10 of a second to go across the street to Macdonalds,
got good coffee at about the same price, and some breakfast burittos.

Both Squeak and I lamented that so few people could find the small niche of time
needed to show up at special meeting during a time of National Crises for out country!

Oh,,, and as really late after thought,,,,
other than one of the biker's chicks, that may have been, American Indian,,,
no other minorities were in attendance,,, not 1!!!

I thank those that attended!! Thanks...
I know,,, pic, or it didnt happen...

Last edited:

Alpine

I went down to the VA on Beacon Hill and gave out some gift cards and brought in fake flowers (they don't allow real ones), as well as some blankets and hats. I was not able to OC in the hospital as it is a federal building, or at least what I understand. Met a lot of cool guys who served in Afghanistan there who had some stories to tell.