Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Looking for fellow OCers in Raleigh NC

  1. #1
    Regular Member SGT Sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, US
    Posts
    6

    Looking for fellow OCers in Raleigh NC

    Hey all,

    SGT Sword here,

    A little new to OCing, just looking for some connects around the Raleigh area,
    Anyone who'd like to go shooting, maybe gain more experience about laws from, etc.
    maybe we can do lunch or something?

  2. #2
    Regular Member 62 Caddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    82
    Welcome to OC. There is an active group that meets on a regular basis. Please join us sometime. http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Open-Carry/

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1
    I open in Raleigh regularly. If you plan on doing something in the area let me know. I haven't had any bad experiences as of yet and don't plan on having any either haha. What branch are/were you in, or are you LEO?. This is my year anniversary of my discharge from the USMC.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Angier
    Posts
    3
    I am also in the Raleigh area (Angier, Fuquay Varina) and have been OCing for about a week with zero issues!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Sword View Post
    Hey all,

    SGT Sword here,

    A little new to OCing, just looking for some connects around the Raleigh area,
    Anyone who'd like to go shooting, maybe gain more experience about laws from, etc.
    maybe we can do lunch or something?
    Sounds good. I open carry just about every time I go out. Let's meet up

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Gethershredded View Post
    I am also in the Raleigh area (Angier, Fuquay Varina) and have been OCing for about a week with zero issues!
    Fuquay-Varina - formerly of Hee-Haw fame.

    Did much of my engine swaps and paint work in the body shop behind the local Buick dealership - doubt that they are even there any longer
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Angier
    Posts
    3
    Yeah it's gone ha, my wife's great great great (not sure how many times) grandfather founded the fuquay spring there in now what is considered Varina!

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Gethershredded View Post
    Yeah it's gone ha, my wife's great great great (not sure how many times) grandfather founded the fuquay spring there in now what is considered Varina!
    grapeshot probably knew them personally, not saying the 'gentleman' is mature or anything...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    grapeshot probably knew them personally, not saying the 'gentleman' is mature or anything...

    ipse
    Like fine wine
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •