Thread: Home invasion in Fayetteville - Soldier shot to death

Home invasion in Fayetteville - Soldier shot to death

Even though this is not directly OC related, this story speaks to "carry" in the home. If you own a firearm, keep it close and keep it loaded (children dependent) Protect your family if at all possible.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013...2?sac=fo.local

Wells' wife initially called police to report the shooting. The first minutes of the eight-minute-long tape are the 911 dispatcher attempting to calm the hysterical woman.

"Somebody broke into my house and then they were asking for money and I think they killed my husband," she said through audible sobs.

The woman said the family was inside their living room when the men, dressed in black, entered the home.

She and the couple's 4-year-old son were moved to a different part of the home and she heard the shooting.

RIP SFC Wells.

sorry, but no matter what the news reports this shouldn't be classified as a home invasion if ...

"Authorities have not commented on a motive for the shooting but said it does not appear to be random.

"We believe there was some type of relationship between the suspects and the family..."
    http://www.wral.com/bragg-soldier-ki...ught/12970718/

tho looking at the soldier's decorations, it is a shame he passed...

ipse.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Regardless of the soldiers decorations, it is a shame his life was taken from him and his loved ones. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sorry, but no matter what the news reports this shouldn't be classified as a home invasion if ...

"Authorities have not commented on a motive for the shooting but said it does not appear to be random.

"We believe there was some type of relationship between the suspects and the family..."
    http://www.wral.com/bragg-soldier-ki...ught/12970718/

tho looking at the soldier's decorations, it is a shame he passed...

ipse.
    why would we believe or care anything the "authorities" say? just because they may have known their attackers does it make it any less tragic then it is. i know the so called "authorities" in the Fayetteville area are very lazy. if this is solved it will be a miracle
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Shame to see the pointless crime, taking someones life for some cash for drug money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brant View Post
    Shame to see the pointless crime, taking someones life for some cash for drug money.
    Perhaps drug related ... (although I did not see anything specific about this but it would fit the known facts) ...

It is a shame...our war on drugs casualty perhaps.