Sb 129

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/25/2...-proposal.html

How did I miss this getting passed?
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/25/2...-proposal.html

How did I miss this getting passed?
    Not sure. If I recall correctly, when we discussed this in the past we felt it was more of a "feel good" law than anything else.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Not sure. If I recall correctly, when we discussed this in the past we felt it was more of a "feel good" law than anything else.
    That's what some others had said about it as well. My girlfriend's son ran across it last night and was asking me about it but I had never even about this Ky. Senate Bill until last night. Equally confusing, when I looked it up on Google, I found a site that said that it had passed the senate I think but on another site it said that it had a dismissal; so I have no idea if it passed into law or not.

Personally, if this did pass into KRS, then I don't see this as a feel good law as it is legally binding.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    That's what some others had said about it as well. My girlfriend's son ran across it last night and was asking me about it but I had never even about this Ky. Senate Bill until last night. Equally confusing, when I looked it up on Google, I found a site that said that it had passed the senate I think but on another site it said that it had a dismissal; so I have no idea if it passed into law or not.

Personally, if this did pass into KRS, then I don't see this as a feel good law as it is legally binding.
    Honestly, I can't remember what came of it. I know that once a year I print out all new or changed KY. gun laws to put in my binder (yes, I keep an up to date KY. gun laws binder ) but I didn't find/print one that said that federal gun laws are null and void in KY. So I don't believe it is a KRS.

And I'm not sure it would be legally binding... The argument/debate was that federal law trumps state law. I do remember that dip chit Rep. out of Lexington (can't remember her name but she is an anti) kept screaming that this law would be treason.
    Last edited by self preservation; 10-10-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

Banned
    The feds have stuck their noses into every aspect of our lives .. I think that the supremacy clause has got to go in respect to laws that restrict our freedoms.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The feds have stuck their noses into every aspect of our lives .. I think that the supremacy clause has got to go in respect to laws that restrict our freedoms.
    You're thinking pre-Obama America.

n.

I didn't pass.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

No, he'd probably be thinking of Pre-WW2 America, before all the Democrats and Republicans Screwed us all over in the form of every Democrat, and Republican White house, and Congress that has ever sat in their positions since the Interwar years.

Don't be thinking that its limited to Obama. Bush jr Screwed us over just as much as Obama, that lil R on your voter registration card doesn't mean 'our guys are gods, and their guys are satans'.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Passed the Senate with a vote of 34-3. Didn't ever get a House committee hearing, died. Once again, Ky. partisan politics at work. Dems. in the House refuse to take up a bill introduced and passed in the Republican Senate by a Republican sponsor. Same thing happens going in the other direction all the time.
    Which is one of the numerous reasons why we need more I's and L's and other third-parties running, and being elected to office. If someone is running for office as a third party, or non-D or non-R, support them, even if they're not in your district
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    If someone is running for office as a third party, or non-D or non-R, support them, even if they're not in your district
    This is a lot of the problem with our current system. Don't just vote for someone because of the party they are running under, vote for them based on what they will do in office.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    This is a lot of the problem with our current system. Don't just vote for someone because of the party they are running under, vote for them based on what they will do in office.
    Sadly though, the vocal and loud minority of voters and the major party officials are more likely to focus on the little things that a third-party candidate has, rather than their principles and reasons for running. One such thing comes to mind is that a potential third-party candidate may have the threat of their personal life, faith, or relationships publically condemned or crapped on, just to make sure a major party's incumbent stays in office. And sadder still, the general voter population goes on and lets such intimidation, and loosely-defined election fraud, happen like no big deal.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Activist Member
    No, it would be pre- Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc. In all honesty, it would be pre-WWI. But I will agree with you that Obama has been one of the worst.

What we need to do is completely abolish a two-party system; hell, what we really need to do is abolish all political parties. We should never vote for someone simply because they belong to a certain party. We should vote for someone because of their record and what they stand for.

We have allowed the Federal government to operate well outside of their original purpose for far too long. They have stolen so much power that they now believe they can do anything they please. We need to restore order in this country, and strengthen our Federal Constitution to severely limit the power of the Federal government (as was originally intended) and put the power back where it belongs -- with the people.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    No, it would be pre- Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc. In all honesty, it would be pre-WWI. But I will agree with you that Obama has been one of the worst.

What we need to do is completely abolish a two-party system; hell, what we really need to do is abolish all political parties. We should never vote for someone simply because they belong to a certain party. We should vote for someone because of their record and what they stand for.

We have allowed the Federal government to operate well outside of their original purpose for far too long. They have stolen so much power that they now believe they can do anything they please. We need to restore order in this country, and strengthen our Federal Constitution to severely limit the power of the Federal government (as was originally intended) and put the power back where it belongs -- with the people.
    People will believe in what they believe in regardless of what title they have. The rest I whole heartly agree with. And I was just trashing Obama a little. In reality they all suck.
    Last edited by self preservation; 10-11-2013 at 05:51 PM.

n.