• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC near an airport

shadowed_stranger

It does make me happy reading about how many of you have OCd inside of McCarran with no issues. It upsets me when picking up family having to choose between leaving my protection in a vehicle in the parking garage or breaking the law and CCing in anyway (not that I would ever do that). I have always just assumed that it was something like the courthouses, where it was legal but you would be harassed and arrested because you don't have a badge and a costume.

The Big Guy

Anyone ever OC in an eating establishment in the airport? I'm meeting family on a fly through in the morning and we want to have a bite. Not worried about carry in the public section but I don't want to get kicked out of a private
establishment there.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Anyone ever OC in an eating establishment in the airport? I'm meeting family on a fly through in the morning and we want to have a bite. Not worried about carry in the public section but I don't want to get kicked out of a private establishment there.

If they are flying through, do they want to exit security and have to go through it again to catch the next flight? That's the only way they can meet you. Make sure they have enough time.

I can't remember if there are any eating joints outside security anyway,

Last edited:

The Big Guy

If they are flying through, do they want to exit security and have to go through it again to catch the next flight? That's the only way they can meet you. Make sure they have enough time.

I can't remember if there are any eating joints outside security anyway,

Yep, plenty of time. There are a couple places in the public shopping area. My concern is getting hassled in a private establishment there.

TBG

Vegassteve

I know it's legal. But I will buy you lunch if you don't get hassled by any body in the airport. I should buy you lunch anyway as I haven't seen you in a long time.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I know it's legal. But I will buy you lunch if you don't get hassled by any body in the airport...

Anything can happen. Aren't they run by the county?

While it's not necessary for everyday fare in Nevada, this might be a good time to wear a recorder, just in case.

The Big Guy

There actually is a Metro station in the public area of Terminal 1.

I don't think I'm going to push it this time as I don't want to get kicked out of the limited supply of places to sit and chat over breakfast. I have not seen my Sister in a long time and I don't want to use up the time fighting this battle. I don't like it, but that is what I think I'm going to have to do. No time to take them out of the airport and go anywhere else. Maybe have to go there for lunch some Saturday when I don't have that choice to make.

TBG

Last edited:

MaxPower

Anything can happen. Aren't they run by the county?

While it's not necessary for everyday fare in Nevada, this might be a good time to wear a recorder, just in case.

They are run by a company called HMSHost.
http://www.hmshost.com/2011/10/04/h...rom-las-vegas-mccarran-international-airport/

I used to work for a software company that provided services to this company. They have contracts to run the concessions at a lot of airports across the United States. I did a preliminary search and could find no stated firearms policy for this company, and I could find nothing anecdotal pertaining to their view of firearms, either.

The Big Guy

Looks like it would have been a non-issue. We ate at the Texas Grill in the public area. It is open seating, order then go sit down. No one in there and the guy behind the counter looked like he could've cared less about anything.

I will tell you one thing off topic though, to feed 8 of us fast food type breakfast was a hundred twenty dollars. Damn! For that they should provide an armed guard...

TBG

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like it would have been a non-issue. We ate at the Texas Grill in the public area. It is open seating, order then go sit down. No one in there and the guy behind the counter looked like he could've cared less about anything.

I will tell you one thing off topic though, to feed 8 of us fast food type breakfast was a hundred twenty dollars. Damn! For that they should provide and armed guard...

TBG

Golden Eggs, and captive dinners.:(

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I wish I would have seen this sooner, I already posted that I have carried in baggage no Problem, and failed to mention the occurance when my friends flight was delayed a couple of years ago. It was right after METRO's training on OC, and I went to the NASCAR bar and grill place had a beer and watched sports on TV. Never was asked about it, not even the usual questions. Yet in your situation with family and all I probably would have done what you did.

The Big Guy

Yup, I wasn't worried about OC in the public area but was concerned about getting kicked out of a private business there. There just isn't much to choose from in Terminal 1.

It was fun to watch TSA strutting around like they think they're somebody. Of course now there is talk they are going to arm them. They already have given them uniforms and badges (still with no arrest powers). While watching them I was thinking about the piece I heard yesterday about the gal trying to get through TSA using a DC drivers license. The agent would not let her pass because it was not a state issued license or ID. They had to get the supervisor who I guess didn't really know either and he/she or it finally decided it was ok and let her pass. And they want to arm these people?????

TBG

Last edited: