Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: GUNS SAVE LIVES DAY - Dec. 14

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    GUNS SAVE LIVES DAY - Dec. 14

    ‘Guns Save Lives’ day planned on Sandy Hook anniversary

    Certain to create a firestorm, three activist gun rights organizations announced today that they will sponsor a national “Guns Save Lives Day” on Saturday, Dec. 14, the first anniversary of the Newtown, Conn., tragedy when they anticipate anti-gunners will commemorate the event with a renewed push for additional gun restrictions.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/guns...ok-anniversary

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Findlay, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    89
    I have to wonder if any of the other 2A groups (NRA, GOA, NAGR, etc) would get on board with this. I mean, there are enough enemies on the anti side, the Pro2A groups don't need to fight each other too.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Dumb idea. All we will do is give the pro-RKBA movement a bad name and turn off potential new advocates. Dumb idea.

    You here to discuss this Dave, or is this another drive-by promo for your Examiner articles?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Suffolk Virginia
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Dumb idea. All we will do is give the pro-RKBA movement a bad name and turn off potential new advocates. Dumb idea.

    You here to discuss this Dave, or is this another drive-by promo for your Examiner articles?
    I agree. Let people mourn in peace from both sides, before this turns into another StarBucks.
    Last edited by mpguy; 10-10-2013 at 07:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marion County, Tennessee
    Posts
    214
    Here's the problem with that: guns don't save lives. A gun is only a force multiplier.

    I think they're trying to play on people's emotions, typically a tactic used by those who are anti gun.

    I, for one, do not support this at this present time. Details may emerge that change my mind.
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

  6. #6
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Wow some of you guys are really cowed by the anti's. while they paraded the victims for the gun grabbers, and danced in the blood. they ignored the people that wanted to see the abolishment of the GFZ

    we had a booth at booth in a festival in Blacksburg, home of VTech, for the VCDL. we were raffling off a Glock. oh you should have heard the anti's. we even had protesters. one even attacked one of us.
    just know that the antis are eleuthrophobes, and will do anything for their cause.
    it got written up in the papers. the next day we sold all of the tickets. people kept saying how they heard about it in the paper and wanted to show up to support us

    i heard about this on MOMs demand, they think they won with Starbucks, have you noticed you can still carry in Starbucks. i got four emails from them in one day. the antis can't hate us anymore then they do. lets piss them off a little more
    Last edited by papa bear; 10-12-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  7. #7
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    Here's the problem with that: guns don't save lives. A gun is only a force multiplier.

    I think they're trying to play on people's emotions, typically a tactic used by those who are anti gun.

    I, for one, do not support this at this present time. Details may emerge that change my mind.
    you are out of your tree. guns absolutely save lives. they do it 1400 times a day. mine has saved me ten times that i know of and possibly 1000 times i didn't know
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  8. #8
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Wow some of you guys are really cowed by the anti's. while they paraded the victims for the gun grabbers, and danced in the blood. they ignored the people that wanted to see the abolishment of the GFZ

    we had a booth at booth in a festival in Blacksburg, home of VTech, for the VCDL. we were raffling off a Glock. oh you should have heard the anti's. we even had protesters. one even attacked one of us.
    just know that the antis are eleuthrophobes, and will do anything for their cause.
    it got written up in the papers. the next day we sold all of the tickets. people kept saying how they heard about it in the paper and wanted to show up to support us

    i heard about this on MOMs demand, they think they won with Starbucks, have you noticed you can still carry in Starbucks. i got four emails from them in one day. the antis can't hate us anymore then they do. lets piss them off a little more
    + 1
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    PB, two things:

    1. I don't care if THEY did it 100 times. WE shouldn't do it even once. We are better than they.

    2. Just as much as we say that "Guns don't kill people. People kill people," "Guns don't save people. People save people." It may be people with guns, but it ain't the guns.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marion County, Tennessee
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    you are out of your tree. guns absolutely save lives. they do it 1400 times a day. mine has saved me ten times that i know of and possibly 1000 times i didn't know
    I have never heard a story of a gun saving a life; instead there are 1400 stories of the safe and disciplined use of a gun (sometimes bullets, too) saving lives.
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

  11. #11
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    SILVERTONGUE and EYE, GUN ABSOLUTELY SAVE LIVES. BGs just seeing one will save your life. i reiterate, i know of at least 10 times, mine has (without firing a shot) and by carrying OC there are probably thousands of times too.

    No person has ever been killed by a gun, people do that. when we were in Blacksburg, and the antis were scrawling about how the Glock we were raffling, had killed the people at VT. i explained to them that no, this gun was brand new and had never been fired, Cho was the one that did the killing, and no gun has ever crawled out and jumped up and killed someone

    if you think that guns kill people then you need to join MOMS and the Brady Bunch and have them all banned.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    GUNS SAVE LIVES DAY - Dec. 14

    If seeing you carry stops a BG, it is not the gun that stopped him, it was your choice to carry it that stopped him.

    Again, it is the conscious action by a person that had the effect, not a mere inanimate object. Again, "Guns don't save people. People save people."


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  13. #13
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If seeing you carry stops a BG, it is not the gun that stopped him, it was your choice to carry it that stopped him.

    Again, it is the conscious action by a person that had the effect, not a mere inanimate object. Again, "Guns don't save people. People save people."


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Then carry a empty holster~~see how that works out for your theory...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Then carry a empty holster~~see how that works out for your theory...
    Then I would not be choosing to carry a gun.

    RIF.

    It is the choice to carry a gun that has the effect, not the gun, and certainly not the choice to carry a holster.

    sheesh. Moving on.

  15. #15
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Then I would not be choosing to carry a gun.

    RIF.

    It is the choice to carry a gun that has the effect, not the gun, and certainly not the choice to carry a holster.

    sheesh. Moving on.
    A BG USES a gun to commit crime~~A gun seen by a BG on a GG stops crime. It really is very simple in the application of the tool. Without the gun the LAC cannot deter crime by it's very presence. It is different for CC because the hidden presence of the gun does not prevent crime, then it is the application of the tool that may or may not prevent crime.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marion County, Tennessee
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    A BG USES a gun to commit crime~~A gun seen by a BG on a GG stops crime. It really is very simple in the application of the tool. Without the gun the LAC cannot deter crime by it's very presence. It is different for CC because the hidden presence of the gun does not prevent crime, then it is the application of the tool that may or may not prevent crime.
    So ... How'd the gun get into the holster?
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

  17. #17
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    So ... How'd the gun get into the holster?
    Ask the people that believe a gun can discharge with nobody touching it. The point you are trying to portray is not valid, because unless a gun is put in the holster it will not deter crime. Try putting a banana in a holster and see how that works. The fact is the BG sees a GUN, not a good guy with a gun, but a gun. Without the gun the good guy is just another victim. It is the difference between BG and GG. Again the bad guy USES the gun, but the bad guy also FEARS THE GUN, he does not know what the intentions of the LAC is, all he knows is he sees a gun. Very very simple common sense.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  18. #18
    Regular Member JustaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The fact is the BG sees a GUN, not a good guy with a gun, but a gun. Without the gun the good guy is just another victim. It is the difference between BG and GG. Again the bad guy USES the gun, but the bad guy also FEARS THE GUN, he does not know what the intentions of the LAC is, all he knows is he sees a gun. Very very simple common sense.
    If that were the case then a manikin with a gun would stop the bad guy - but it won't because it isn't the gun itself, it is a gun in the possession of someone who would oppose the bad guy. It is a good guy with the means to stop the bad guy that matters, not the device that imparts the ability to the good guy that matters.

    Sheesh.

    Figure it out - if, on the one hand you say "guns don't kill people, people kill people" you cannot logically think differently than "guns don't save lives, people with guns save lives".
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

    Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    If that were the case then a manikin with a gun would stop the bad guy - but it won't because it isn't the gun itself, it is a gun in the possession of someone who would oppose the bad guy. It is a good guy with the means to stop the bad guy that matters, not the device that imparts the ability to the good guy that matters.

    Sheesh.

    Figure it out - if, on the one hand you say "guns don't kill people, people kill people" you cannot logically think differently than "guns don't save lives, people with guns save lives".
    Manikin in squad cars have been proven to reduce speeding. A lifelike manikin placed properly most probably would have the same affect.

    You can believe what you want, I will believe what I believe. And I believe the sight of a gun worn by a LAC saves lives. (insert thumbing nose here)
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-13-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

  21. #21
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    A BG USES a gun to commit crime~~A gun seen by a BG on a GG stops crime. It really is very simple in the application of the tool. Without the gun the LAC cannot deter crime by it's very presence. It is different for CC because the hidden presence of the gun does not prevent crime, then it is the application of the tool that may or may not prevent crime.
    good one ++1 WOLF
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  22. #22
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    just to add to it WOLF, i have had BGs leave me alone because they saw a gun on the seat in my truck. i suppose they thought it was a pit bull that would attack them
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  23. #23
    Regular Member JustaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Manikin in squad cars have been proven to reduce speeding. A lifelike manikin placed properly most probably would have the same affect.
    You just proved my point. The BG has to believe that there is someone with the means to oppose them. A sufficiently lifelike manikin with a gun makes the BG believe there is a GG with the means to oppose him.

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You can believe what you want, I will believe what I believe. And I believe the sight of a gun worn by a LAC saves lives. (insert thumbing nose here)
    I never disagreed with the basic premise. But I also believe that it is not the gun that does it.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

    Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    You just proved my point. The BG has to believe that there is someone with the means to oppose them. A sufficiently lifelike manikin with a gun makes the BG believe there is a GG with the means to oppose him.



    I never disagreed with the basic premise. But I also believe that it is not the gun that does it.
    Again you can believe what you want. I will believe common sense, no gun, no deterrence.

    Oooops forgot to thumb my nose...
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-13-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    *sigh*

    The gun did not save anyone's life. Your action to point a gun at the BG and order him out did.

    You folks do realize that when you say, "Guns save lives," you are making the same foolish mistake as antis when they say, "Guns kill people."

    Guns don't do a damned thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •