• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUNS SAVE LIVES DAY - Dec. 14

Dave Workman

‘Guns Save Lives’ day planned on Sandy Hook anniversary

Certain to create a firestorm, three activist gun rights organizations announced today that they will sponsor a national “Guns Save Lives Day” on Saturday, Dec. 14, the first anniversary of the Newtown, Conn., tragedy when they anticipate anti-gunners will commemorate the event with a renewed push for additional gun restrictions.

http://www.examiner.com/article/guns-save-lives-day-planned-on-sandy-hook-anniversary

JustJack

I have to wonder if any of the other 2A groups (NRA, GOA, NAGR, etc) would get on board with this. I mean, there are enough enemies on the anti side, the Pro2A groups don't need to fight each other too.

eye95

Dumb idea. All we will do is give the pro-RKBA movement a bad name and turn off potential new advocates. Dumb idea.

You here to discuss this Dave, or is this another drive-by promo for your Examiner articles?

mpguy

Dumb idea. All we will do is give the pro-RKBA movement a bad name and turn off potential new advocates. Dumb idea.

You here to discuss this Dave, or is this another drive-by promo for your Examiner articles?

I agree. Let people mourn in peace from both sides, before this turns into another StarBucks.

Last edited:

Silvertongue

Here's the problem with that: guns don't save lives. A gun is only a force multiplier.

I think they're trying to play on people's emotions, typically a tactic used by those who are anti gun.

I, for one, do not support this at this present time. Details may emerge that change my mind.

papa bear

Wow some of you guys are really cowed by the anti's. while they paraded the victims for the gun grabbers, and danced in the blood. they ignored the people that wanted to see the abolishment of the GFZ

we had a booth at booth in a festival in Blacksburg, home of VTech, for the VCDL. we were raffling off a Glock. oh you should have heard the anti's. we even had protesters. one even attacked one of us.
just know that the antis are eleuthrophobes, and will do anything for their cause.
it got written up in the papers. the next day we sold all of the tickets. people kept saying how they heard about it in the paper and wanted to show up to support us

i heard about this on MOMs demand, they think they won with Starbucks, have you noticed you can still carry in Starbucks. i got four emails from them in one day. the antis can't hate us anymore then they do. lets piss them off a little more

Last edited:

papa bear

Here's the problem with that: guns don't save lives. A gun is only a force multiplier.

I think they're trying to play on people's emotions, typically a tactic used by those who are anti gun.

I, for one, do not support this at this present time. Details may emerge that change my mind.

you are out of your tree. guns absolutely save lives. they do it 1400 times a day. mine has saved me ten times that i know of and possibly 1000 times i didn't know

WalkingWolf

Wow some of you guys are really cowed by the anti's. while they paraded the victims for the gun grabbers, and danced in the blood. they ignored the people that wanted to see the abolishment of the GFZ

we had a booth at booth in a festival in Blacksburg, home of VTech, for the VCDL. we were raffling off a Glock. oh you should have heard the anti's. we even had protesters. one even attacked one of us.
just know that the antis are eleuthrophobes, and will do anything for their cause.
it got written up in the papers. the next day we sold all of the tickets. people kept saying how they heard about it in the paper and wanted to show up to support us

i heard about this on MOMs demand, they think they won with Starbucks, have you noticed you can still carry in Starbucks. i got four emails from them in one day. the antis can't hate us anymore then they do. lets piss them off a little more

+ 1

eye95

PB, two things:

1. I don't care if THEY did it 100 times. WE shouldn't do it even once. We are better than they.

2. Just as much as we say that "Guns don't kill people. People kill people," "Guns don't save people. People save people." It may be people with guns, but it ain't the guns.

Silvertongue

you are out of your tree. guns absolutely save lives. they do it 1400 times a day. mine has saved me ten times that i know of and possibly 1000 times i didn't know

I have never heard a story of a gun saving a life; instead there are 1400 stories of the safe and disciplined use of a gun (sometimes bullets, too) saving lives.

papa bear

SILVERTONGUE and EYE, GUN ABSOLUTELY SAVE LIVES. BGs just seeing one will save your life. i reiterate, i know of at least 10 times, mine has (without firing a shot) and by carrying OC there are probably thousands of times too.

No person has ever been killed by a gun, people do that. when we were in Blacksburg, and the antis were scrawling about how the Glock we were raffling, had killed the people at VT. i explained to them that no, this gun was brand new and had never been fired, Cho was the one that did the killing, and no gun has ever crawled out and jumped up and killed someone

if you think that guns kill people then you need to join MOMS and the Brady Bunch and have them all banned.

eye95

If seeing you carry stops a BG, it is not the gun that stopped him, it was your choice to carry it that stopped him.

Again, it is the conscious action by a person that had the effect, not a mere inanimate object. Again, "Guns don't save people. People save people."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

If seeing you carry stops a BG, it is not the gun that stopped him, it was your choice to carry it that stopped him.

Again, it is the conscious action by a person that had the effect, not a mere inanimate object. Again, "Guns don't save people. People save people."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
Then carry a empty holster~~see how that works out for your theory...

eye95

Then carry a empty holster~~see how that works out for your theory...

Then I would not be choosing to carry a gun.

RIF.

It is the choice to carry a gun that has the effect, not the gun, and certainly not the choice to carry a holster.

sheesh. Moving on.

WalkingWolf

Then I would not be choosing to carry a gun.

RIF.

It is the choice to carry a gun that has the effect, not the gun, and certainly not the choice to carry a holster.

sheesh. Moving on.

A BG USES a gun to commit crime~~A gun seen by a BG on a GG stops crime. It really is very simple in the application of the tool. Without the gun the LAC cannot deter crime by it's very presence. It is different for CC because the hidden presence of the gun does not prevent crime, then it is the application of the tool that may or may not prevent crime.

Silvertongue

A BG USES a gun to commit crime~~A gun seen by a BG on a GG stops crime. It really is very simple in the application of the tool. Without the gun the LAC cannot deter crime by it's very presence. It is different for CC because the hidden presence of the gun does not prevent crime, then it is the application of the tool that may or may not prevent crime.

So ... How'd the gun get into the holster?

WalkingWolf

So ... How'd the gun get into the holster?

Ask the people that believe a gun can discharge with nobody touching it. The point you are trying to portray is not valid, because unless a gun is put in the holster it will not deter crime. Try putting a banana in a holster and see how that works. The fact is the BG sees a GUN, not a good guy with a gun, but a gun. Without the gun the good guy is just another victim. It is the difference between BG and GG. Again the bad guy USES the gun, but the bad guy also FEARS THE GUN, he does not know what the intentions of the LAC is, all he knows is he sees a gun. Very very simple common sense.

JustaShooter

The fact is the BG sees a GUN, not a good guy with a gun, but a gun. Without the gun the good guy is just another victim. It is the difference between BG and GG. Again the bad guy USES the gun, but the bad guy also FEARS THE GUN, he does not know what the intentions of the LAC is, all he knows is he sees a gun. Very very simple common sense.
If that were the case then a manikin with a gun would stop the bad guy - but it won't because it isn't the gun itself, it is a gun in the possession of someone who would oppose the bad guy. It is a good guy with the means to stop the bad guy that matters, not the device that imparts the ability to the good guy that matters.

Sheesh.

Figure it out - if, on the one hand you say "guns don't kill people, people kill people" you cannot logically think differently than "guns don't save lives, people with guns save lives".

WalkingWolf

If that were the case then a manikin with a gun would stop the bad guy - but it won't because it isn't the gun itself, it is a gun in the possession of someone who would oppose the bad guy. It is a good guy with the means to stop the bad guy that matters, not the device that imparts the ability to the good guy that matters.

Sheesh.

Figure it out - if, on the one hand you say "guns don't kill people, people kill people" you cannot logically think differently than "guns don't save lives, people with guns save lives".

Manikin in squad cars have been proven to reduce speeding. A lifelike manikin placed properly most probably would have the same affect.

You can believe what you want, I will believe what I believe. And I believe the sight of a gun worn by a LAC saves lives. (insert thumbing nose here) :lol:

Last edited: