Thread: Poll: Do you think gun control laws will stop mass murder?

Exclamation Poll: Do you think gun control laws will stop mass murder?

Get your vote in!

"Do you think gun control laws like the one recently enacted in the State of Connecticut will stop mass shootings?"

Currently:

No = 97%, 5,276 Votes
    Yes = 3%, 179 Votes
    Total Voters: 5,455

http://www.nationalpolling.org/
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    So, they need more restrictive laws?

Only the law abiding abide the law. A law can prevent nothing.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Saw a feature on Inside Edition recently. A law-abiding motorcyclist was complaining that he was stopped by the NYPD at a motorcycle safety checkpoint at the same moment that the biker gang involved in the Harlem range rover beatdown of Alexian Lien was crossing the Brooklyn bridge. He was upset that the NYPD apparently was so busy focusing on a law-abiding motorcyclist (himself) that they failed to take action against a large group breaking the law (running lights, riding on the sidewalk, eventually beating up a driver).

I thought it was funny...just another instance of enforcement of laws against the law-abiding while letting the badguys run amok. when a new law is placed on the books, and a group of law-abiding people can now be made into criminals...it's a much easier job to do than to catch actual badguys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0A0JHW1LwY
    Last edited by CT Barfly; 10-11-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    No, I do not think gun control laws like the new Connecticut gun control law will work to stop mass shootings (97%, 5,945 Votes)
    Yes, I think gun control laws like the new Connecticut gun control law will work to stop mass shootings (3%, 187 Votes)

Total Voters: 6,132
    facebooktwitter

Quote Originally Posted by CT Barfly View Post
    So busy focusing on a law-abiding motorcyclist (himself) that they failed to take action against a large group breaking the law (running lights, riding on the sidewalk, eventually beating up a driver).

I thought it was funny...just another instance of enforcement of laws against the law-abiding while letting the badguys run amok. when a new law is placed on the books, and a group of law-abiding people can now be made into criminals...it's a much easier job to do than to catch actual badguys.
    Ask yourself what's less dangerous, easier and more empowering of the bullying mindset? Stopping LACs or going up against a bunch of bikers?

Bogus poll.....mass murder?.....really?

Should have been "Have any gun control laws stopped murder?"

How about this "Have any drunk driving laws stopped drunk driving?"

Too funny, folks fall for it every time.

Will gun laws stop a mass murder? Yes. And banning spoons will stop obesity.

/sarcasm

j/k I voted "no".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post

/sarcasm

j/k I voted "no".
    http://cl.jroo.me/z3/T/D/Y/d/a.baa-Diet-Spoon.jpg

How about that spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post

/sarcasm

j/k I voted "no".

THERE IS NO SPOON.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013