• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: Do you think gun control laws will stop mass murder?

CT Barfly

Saw a feature on Inside Edition recently. A law-abiding motorcyclist was complaining that he was stopped by the NYPD at a motorcycle safety checkpoint at the same moment that the biker gang involved in the Harlem range rover beatdown of Alexian Lien was crossing the Brooklyn bridge. He was upset that the NYPD apparently was so busy focusing on a law-abiding motorcyclist (himself) that they failed to take action against a large group breaking the law (running lights, riding on the sidewalk, eventually beating up a driver).

I thought it was funny...just another instance of enforcement of laws against the law-abiding while letting the badguys run amok. when a new law is placed on the books, and a group of law-abiding people can now be made into criminals...it's a much easier job to do than to catch actual badguys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0A0JHW1LwY

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
No, I do not think gun control laws like the new Connecticut gun control law will work to stop mass shootings (97%, 5,945 Votes)
Yes, I think gun control laws like the new Connecticut gun control law will work to stop mass shootings (3%, 187 Votes)

Total Voters: 6,132
facebooktwitter

Maverick9

So busy focusing on a law-abiding motorcyclist (himself) that they failed to take action against a large group breaking the law (running lights, riding on the sidewalk, eventually beating up a driver).

I thought it was funny...just another instance of enforcement of laws against the law-abiding while letting the badguys run amok. when a new law is placed on the books, and a group of law-abiding people can now be made into criminals...it's a much easier job to do than to catch actual badguys.

Ask yourself what's less dangerous, easier and more empowering of the bullying mindset? Stopping LACs or going up against a bunch of bikers?

OC for ME

Bogus poll.....mass murder?.....really?

Should have been "Have any gun control laws stopped murder?"

How about this "Have any drunk driving laws stopped drunk driving?"

Too funny, folks fall for it every time.