• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kroger - "Can I ask you to leave that outside?"

samkent

I don't remember any tats.
But then again I was looking more at his face.
Now if his arm was filled with tats I would have noticed.

eamelhorn

The Kroger in Ripley WV has followed me. I am in the store on a regular basis. The first time I carried there was the first and last time I was followed. Other than that I have never had an issue with Kroger's.

Makarov

Kroger on Smithville Rd Dayton has security guards. Carried in there last month an was told to either hide it or leave it in the car. The manager was even involved and he stated no guns were allowed by policy. I informed him that if he desired no guns then he should post a no gun sign. Nothing more was said and he just turned and walked away. This is the only Kroger in the area that has given me an issue on open carry. After reading this post I contacted the Kroger executive office in Cincinnati and an investigation is now in the works concerning that store. They have all my contact information. Hopefully soon something will transpire.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Kroger on Smithville Rd Dayton has security guards. Carried in there last month an was told to either hide it or leave it in the car...

...After reading this post I contacted the Kroger executive office in Cincinnati and an investigation is now in the works concerning that store. They have all my contact information. Hopefully soon something will transpire.
I'll give you a call tomorrow.

MyWifeSaidYes

Why would you want to talk any business into putting up "No Guns" signs? By doing that, you've ruined it for everybody, OC and CC.

Let me rephrase what gutshot said:

PLEASE DON'T TELL A STORE TO PUT UP CPZ SIGNS. THEY JUST MIGHT.

DON'T lose your temper! Take the high road and tell them that you believe they are wrong about their policy. Ask them to verify their policy with corporate management.

Here is the manager's side of the phone call that I can imagine will happen after a comment such as Makarov's:

"Hi. This is Myron, the manager at the Smithville store. I just had a guy with an openly carried handgun actually suggest that I put up a "No Guns" sign!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. These guys must have come to their senses and realized that guns are actually a bad thing.

So when can I put up my "No Guns" signs and how big can I make them?"

eye95

If the store manager decided to hang the signs I bet corporate would make him take them back down.

Long time, no read.

Good to hear from you. Your situation comes up with customers at the counter a LOT. Let us know how it's going--even if you need to be vague.

papa bear

OT, and i know a lot of you guys argue this

but personally, i do want anti American businesses to put up a sign. i started to get gas at a station one time. as i was using the card, i noticed a civil rights discrimination sign on the door. that was a close call. i don't ever want to give my money to a bigoted company. i put the hose down took my gun off and gave them a NO GUN = MONEY card. i have not set foot in there yet

eye95

There are poverty pimps.

There are race pimps.

Now we have 2A pimps.

To them the fight, not winning it, is the thing. If the fight is won, they will become useless, so their goal is to keep the fight going, not to win it.

Feel free to use the term. Just give me a nickel every time you say or write, "2A pimps."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

papa bear

There are poverty pimps.

There are race pimps.

Now we have 2A pimps.

To them the fight, not winning it, is the thing. If the fight is won, they will become useless, so their goal is to keep the fight going, not to win it.

Feel free to use the term. Just give me a nickel every time you say or write, "2A pimps."

<o>

EYE, that is one of the dumbest post you have done. are you just trying to get you numbers up, so you would be more like GRAPESHOT

mov'ng on

Last edited:

eye95

EYE, that is one of the dumbest post you have done. are you just trying to get you numbers up, so you would be more like GRAPESHOT

mov'ng on

Care to actually address what you don't like about what I said?

Didn't think so.

<o>