Thread: Bring your guns but leave your signs...

Cool Bring your guns but leave your signs...

From http://www.mlive.com/politics/index....l#incart_river

Bring your guns, leave your signs: Michigan Capitol rules in spotlight at Second Amendment rally

Michigan Capitol Committee rules prohibit hand-carried and hand-stick signs in the 135-year-old building due to concerns that they could accidentally scratch the decorative paint or be dropped from upper floors onto unsuspecting tourists on the rotunda floor below.

Michigan State Police who work at the building regularly enforce the sign rule, but there is no rule or law preventing gun owners from carrying their weapons into the Capitol.

Banned
    tape the signs to your shirts/jackets.

Re: Bring your guns but leave your signs...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    David - I think sheldon posted this to show the reaction of the Lib-tards to the rally. "We can't have our signs (save the yellow belly pecker heads...etc) but 2A supporters can carry firearms in the building!" I think that's his point here...could be wrong though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    as the article mentioned, we are allowed to wear them. sometimes the capital police will offer string to people if they didn't come prepared. that's me holding the sign, btw. and i have been going there for a couple years now, so i already knew about the rule. i didn't really care to try and juggle guns and a sign while shaking hands with my representatives anyway.
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 10-11-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Re: Bring your guns but leave your signs...

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    as the article mentioned, we are allowed to wear them. sometimes the capital police will offer string to people if they didn't come prepared. that's me holding the sign, btw. and i have been going there for a couple years now, so i already knew about the rule. i didn't really care to try and juggle guns and a sign while shaking hands with my representatives anyway.
    GREAT sign SLM!

MY RIGHTS

>
    Than your emotions.

+ Too infinity!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    David - I think sheldon posted this to show the reaction of the Lib-tards to the rally. "We can't have our signs (save the yellow belly pecker heads...etc) but 2A supporters can carry firearms in the building!" I think that's his point here...could be wrong though.
    The worry of tossing them down onto people seems exaggerated ... one could always just pick up a person and toss them over...