• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bring your guns but leave your signs...

Sheldon

From http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/10/bring_your_guns_leave_your_sig.html#incart_river

Bring your guns, leave your signs: Michigan Capitol rules in spotlight at Second Amendment rally

Michigan Capitol Committee rules prohibit hand-carried and hand-stick signs in the 135-year-old building due to concerns that they could accidentally scratch the decorative paint or be dropped from upper floors onto unsuspecting tourists on the rotunda floor below.

Michigan State Police who work at the building regularly enforce the sign rule, but there is no rule or law preventing gun owners from carrying their weapons into the Capitol.

FreeInAZ

tape the signs to your shirts/jackets.

David - I think sheldon posted this to show the reaction of the Lib-tards to the rally. "We can't have our signs (save the yellow belly pecker heads...etc) but 2A supporters can carry firearms in the building!" I think that's his point here...could be wrong though. :confused:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
tape the signs to your shirts/jackets.
as the article mentioned, we are allowed to wear them. sometimes the capital police will offer string to people if they didn't come prepared. that's me holding the sign, btw. and i have been going there for a couple years now, so i already knew about the rule. i didn't really care to try and juggle guns and a sign while shaking hands with my representatives anyway.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

as the article mentioned, we are allowed to wear them. sometimes the capital police will offer string to people if they didn't come prepared. that's me holding the sign, btw. and i have been going there for a couple years now, so i already knew about the rule. i didn't really care to try and juggle guns and a sign while shaking hands with my representatives anyway.

GREAT sign SLM!

MY RIGHTS

>
Than your emotions.

+ Too infinity! :cool:

davidmcbeth

Banned
David - I think sheldon posted this to show the reaction of the Lib-tards to the rally. "We can't have our signs (save the yellow belly pecker heads...etc) but 2A supporters can carry firearms in the building!" I think that's his point here...could be wrong though. :confused:

The worry of tossing them down onto people seems exaggerated ... one could always just pick up a person and toss them over...