• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Bristol Sportsmans Club $15 membership, daily Pistol range 9am-dark

Motofixxer

As an FYI, I visited the North Bristol Sportsmans Club just north of Sun Prairie WI. Spoke with the president Jeff and got a tour. They are offering memberships for $15 for the rest of the year if you sign up for next year. That gives you access to the Trap shooting, pistol range, rifle range and archery which includes a wooded area with 3D targets. The Pistol range is open daily 9am to 9pm or dark and rifle range has more restricted hours along with a range officer present most of the time it's open. The Pistol range is unmanned and has very little restrictions. The president and his wife are trainers and very supportive of carrying. At the pistol range you can practice many things other ranges won't let you such as drawing from your holster etc.
You can also volunteer for 4 hrs and get $25 credit good for almost anything club related or reduction of your membership cost for next year. There is also a $15/yr fee for using pistol/rifle range to help with the maintenance costs. So it's regular membership of $70 for single and $90 for family, plus the $15 for pistol range.

They also have a pretty full restaurant with fish and BBQ specials on Fri nights. I stopped by last night for the BBQ ribs for $12.50 I got a small salad bar fries and a half rack of ribs that was the healthiest portion of ribs I have ever eaten. And it tasted great too, fall off the bone tender.

Website and info:
http://www.shootatnbsc.com/

North Bristol Sportsmans Club
7229 N Greenway Rd Sun Prairie, WI 53559
608-837-6048

Last edited:

Yetiman

Makes me wish I lived a lot closer ! How long is the rifle range ? (guess I will google it).

Motofixxer

It's a 50m pistol and 200m rifle

I stopped by for the BBQ ribs special last night and ended up chatting with Jeff the president for hours. He is a nice guy and has trained for 25 or so years. He started a security company in the 90's and assisted the Madison PD for years. They had 45 employees when he sold his shares. He did all the training and is fully certified with the DOJ for any high level of training both in physical tactics, shooting and use of force. The state patrol uses the range out there regularly.

You may want to search your area for sportsmans clubs, I started thinking and I can name about 4 of them. They are always really cheap for memberships. Generally they are geared towards trap\skeet shooting but many also have a pistol range. Or go and hang out on fri nights and network. I was at one a few years ago that charged $2 for beers. So if your into a cheap place to get a drink and talk gun stuff it's kinda fun.

As an added note, loaded OC is not allowed in the clubhouse. The president hasn't been able to convince the board to allow it. The board is mostly older gentleman that refuse to accept change. You can OC in there but your action has to be open and mag well empty. They are not posted and don't know or care if you CC.

Last edited:

Motofixxer

I used the range for about 2 hours or so. It was a good time. Much of it I was alone so I did some holster draw n shoot from OC and CC. Gained some knowledge and experience that's useful and had a good time with it all. Went through about 300 rds with 4 different firearms. :banana: