Thread: TSA PA threaten arrest for "inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security."

TSA PA threaten arrest for "inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security."

"While traveling through George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Matt Miller heard a security announcement repeatedly aired on the airport intercom that left him disturbed.

“You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” the loudspeaker message states.

These new loudspeaker warnings remind us that the TSA continues to excel at indoctrinating Americans to be well-behaved prisoners via obedience training – reminding them that they can be disappeared if they dare speak out of turn, even in a humorous way."

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...akers%20arrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkWPMeLSk6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS2TVQrtwXc

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/t...king-security/

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-loudspea...bout-security/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-11-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Echoes of John Adams and the Federalist Sedition Act.

On the other hand, those public-address system announcements leave an opening wide enough to drive two trucks through. Folks should just start making all kinds of criticisms of the agency itself while standing in line, checking in, and so forth. When the agency does nothing, the agency thereby acknowledges those criticisms as appropriate.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    [QUOTE=Citizen;1993942]Echoes of John Adams and the Federalist Sedition Act.

On the other hand, those public-address system announcements leave an opening wide enough to drive two trucks through. Folks should just start making all kinds of criticisms of the agency itself while standing in line, checking in, and so forth. If the agency does nothing, then the criticisms must be appropriate.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion
    [QUOTE=Citizen;1993944]
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Echoes of John Adams and the Federalist Sedition Act.

On the other hand, those public-address system announcements leave an opening wide enough to drive two trucks through. Folks should just start making all kinds of criticisms of the agency itself while standing in line, checking in, and so forth. If the agency does nothing, then the criticisms must be appropriate.
    I wonder what the response would be to reading the text of the BILL OF RIGHTS and pointing out the specific portions being VIOLATED by the TSA in real time while you go through the famed BLUE GLOVE GROPING?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

“You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,”

Don't go around saying, "Dude, I just dropped a bomb in the toilet", or "I bet these guys couldn't find a bomb in my suitcase if they were looking it right in the face" and you'll probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,”

Don't go around saying, "Dude, I just dropped a bomb in the toilet", or "I bet these guys couldn't find a bomb in my suitcase if they were looking it right in the face" and you'll probably be fine.
    Of course, prior restraint of freedom of speech will leave US all silent compliant citizens - or should that be civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post

Agree, clearly they are talking about remarks that could be considered threats~~joking or not, threats are not covered in the constitution.

Not defending TSA, just saying that a little common sense goes along way, if we don't use, don't expect our government to.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Agree, clearly they are talking about remarks that could be considered threats~~joking or not, threats are not covered in the constitution.

Not defending TSA, just saying that a little common sense goes along way, if we don't use, don't expect our government to.
    Given the checkered histories of both the TSA and the Obama "Justice" Department, it's not so "clear" at all.

The obvious test would be to explicitly criticize the incompetence and criminality of the TSA without resort to threats, double entendre or humor of any kind.

I suspect that would probably provoke HARSHER retaliation.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Of course, prior restraint of freedom of speech will leave US all silent compliant citizens - or should that be civilians.
    Not "civilians" but rather SUBJECTS!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Security? What security? I see nothing but a group of incompetent nitwits wearing medical type gloves who just want to see and/or group my private parts.

While through, now that you're grabbing 'it' what else can you do with 'it?'
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Not "civilians" but rather SUBJECTS!
    Yes, just another division of our foundation upon which we stand united. Factioned; citizen/civilian, leader/follower, trainer/student, OC/CC, moderator/luser, safe/unsafe - we fall. Either we are equal or we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yes, just another division of our foundation upon which we stand united. Factioned; citizen/civilian, leader/follower, trainer/student, OC/CC, moderator/luser, safe/unsafe - we fall. Either we are equal or we are not.
    Guess what, we are not equal - thankfully. Created equal, yes, but from then on your abilities, drive & determination, etc. and to a lesser extent circumstances determine where you end up in the grand scheme of things. For everyone to be equal it would have to be forced upon us from outside, which means the outside force is - wait for it - more equal (read, more powerful). Surely you are familiar with George Orwell's works?
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    Guess what, we are not equal - thankfully. [ ... ]
    So, as Humpty Dumpty said, speaking for mathematician and logician Lewis Carroll, "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Karl Popper has eight hundred pages on the question in his The Open Society and Its Enemies, and he starts by damning the very foundation of Western Civilization in Plato's The Republic.

I did airport security in the early 90's, was against the law then as well, just saying.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

LoLzers... so no jokes eh? - bummer...

My wife and I travel to Japan upon occasion to visit her family. I keep joking (to her) about putting a HUGE cucumber in my pants so it makes a noticeable buldge... going through the security point, I'd request the non electrical check, maybe point to one of the cute females (if the exist in TSA land) and request "that one" then look the poor sap who is tasked with checking me dead in the eyes and say "It's ok... You can check it..."
    - It had my wife practically rolling on the floor laughing because I had the whole body language and leg out postured stance as I submitted my joke to her... of course, she'd never REALLY allow me to do it, but the thought was funny.

I am sure that'd get a response out of em if it ever played out
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

I'm not going to start a thread on it or anything, but here is a TSA question unrelated to the OP.

Let's assume I've been living under a rock for the past several decades. It could happen.

Now, I hear about this thing called air travel, whereby I can pay a company to transport me across the country to see this place called New York City. Surely such a place cannot really exist, and I simply must just see it for myself. I've been told I can go to this place called an airport, give them money and get a ticket which gives me passage on the aircraft. Next, I have to stand in line for an hour to go through some gates. When I get to the head of the line, I simply cannot believe that as a "free American" I am told I must be searched, and in a very invasive way at that.

Simply put; what happens if I refuse? Am I merely cordially invited to go get a refund? Seriously, what would they do?

I'm sure there are going to be terms like "implied consent" or "fine print" in the answers, but would I get a refund? Would I be detained?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Mac, I think there's case law on this, but I don't know the names/dates. Once you enter a secure area, it's implied consent to a search, and then leaving the area somehow is cause for detainment, custody, or arrest, without actual reasonable suspicion of a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Mac, I think there's case law on this, but I don't know the names/dates. Once you enter a secure area, it's implied consent to a search, and then leaving the area somehow is cause for detainment, custody, or arrest, without actual reasonable suspicion of a crime.
    Good point. What is considered the demarcation of the secured area? Are you searched before or after crossing it?

EDIT: On second thought, I'll bet you are right and that you are searched after. Otherwise, no crime would have been committed if you are caught with contraband, and we can't have that.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-14-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    My wife and I travel to Japan upon occasion to visit her family. I keep joking (to her) about putting a HUGE cucumber in my pants so it makes a noticeable buldge... going through the security point, I'd request the non electrical check, maybe point to one of the cute females (if the exist in TSA land) and request "that one" then look the poor sap who is tasked with checking me dead in the eyes and say "It's ok... You can check it..."
    - It had my wife practically rolling on the floor laughing because I had the whole body language and leg out postured stance as I submitted my joke to her... of course, she'd never REALLY allow me to do it, but the thought was funny.

I am sure that'd get a response out of em if it ever played out
    Thanks for the laugh! I really needed that today (and the week is just beginning...).

@MAC: Don't they try to make people believe it is against the law to avoid a search, and also to leave without being searched?
    It's been a while since I had to fly, and I still find it hard to believe those fat-bodied planes can fly on those relatively tiny wings (same as bumble bees). I don't believe in flying!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    ... I still find it hard to believe those fat-bodied planes can fly on those relatively tiny wings (same as bumble bees). I don't believe in flying!
    I find flight of heavier-than-air craft, including the jet engine, to make more sense than the mechanical magic that happens inside a modern transmission in an automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I find flight of heavier-than-air craft, including the jet engine, to make more sense than the mechanical magic that happens inside a modern transmission in an automobile.
    Oh man, but I love a Direct Shift Gearbox. I looked at the rubber that I put down in five gears of a six speed TDI diesel 4WD DSG and couldn't find the manual shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Good point. What is considered the demarcation of the secured area? Are you searched before or after crossing it?

EDIT: On second thought, I'll bet you are right and that you are searched after. Otherwise, no crime would have been committed if you are caught with contraband, and we can't have that.
    I seem to recall a sign that marked the point of no return. Paraphrased, "Persons past this point are subject to search..."