Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Went To Court Today

  1. #1
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108

    Went To Court Today

    Better like this it cost me $124 to make
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duf2MuiLZj4

  2. #2
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    watch the vid,,, the FAIL!!! is worth it...

    I,,, would have pocketed the gun, give back the key, and store them in my car...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327
    Can't we expect our law enforcement and court agencies to just obey the f'n law???????

  4. #4
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108

    Nope

    Quote Originally Posted by kparker View Post
    Can't we expect our law enforcement and court agencies to just obey the f'n law???????
    Nope we can only expect them not to and try to fix them, at least, that's what my experience tells me.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Stevens
    Posts
    72
    They took your ID, made a copy of it, and then give you the key to the Jail Commander's locked gun? Amazing.

    Please tell me you're writing letters to the appropriate people to get this fixed...

  6. #6
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Wow. This definitely needs a follow up. It's seems that they don't understand you we're not only covered under rcw 9.41.300 but that rcw 9.41.290 says they can't enact any further restrictions. Such as requiring ID.
    By the way, I don't know how you managed to keep your mouth shut when you got the key to the jail commanders gun. I don't know if I would have been that reserved. Good for you.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  7. #7
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by jfslicer View Post
    They took your ID, made a copy of it, and then give you the key to the Jail Commander's locked gun? Amazing.

    Please tell me you're writing letters to the appropriate people to get this fixed...
    No, they didn't make a copy of my ID, both of the ladies I was dealing with was confused. When the uniformed lady first took my ID she was about to make a copy and then was stopped by the other.

    Who do I need to write? And what should I bring to their attention? I'm not as fluent in corrective action as some of the veteran OC'ers on here.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Wow. This definitely needs a follow up. It's seems that they don't understand you we're not only covered under rcw 9.41.300 but that rcw 9.41.290 says they can't enact any further restrictions. Such as requiring ID.
    By the way, I don't know how you managed to keep your mouth shut when you got the key to the jail commanders gun. I don't know if I would have been that reserved. Good for you.
    This was my first time getting a lock box at any court/ police station. When I first opened the lock box and saw another weapon, I didn't know what to think. I love how the lady played it off like it happens all the time... If you could assist me in figuring out who and what specifics I need to write I'll send an email to whom ever to fix this. I'm just not sure where to start. Thanks

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Stevens
    Posts
    72
    I would follow the examples from the following threads:

    Courts, Encounters while locking up pistols while visiting. - a sticky on this forum dedicated to the topic. Lots of stories here.

    Thor & Spokane County Court - Talked to site supervisor while on site. Later contacted Spokane County Sheriffs office (since they do the security procedures there) and finally the Commissioner. Still haven't heard the final word, but he did get them to agree that CPL's weren't needed.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    I can envision a situation where you might have to fail to appear in court given that 'policy'. It wouldn't even be much of a stretch to plausibility. Say you were carrying sterile, took the bus (unloaded open carry on a vehicle) to the court house to answer a summons (ticket, order to appear, jury duty, whatever).

    You get there, and you can't check a gun due to the policy (which is not in line with the RCW). You can't enter the court house without checking the gun and there is no way to securely store it other than that lockbox you're denied access to without ID. I wonder how the judge would react to the fact that a policy that is out of line with the law stopped someone from obeying the judge...

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    I can envision a situation where you might have to fail to appear in court given that 'policy'. It wouldn't even be much of a stretch to plausibility. Say you were carrying sterile, took the bus (unloaded open carry on a vehicle) to the court house to answer a summons (ticket, order to appear, jury duty, whatever).

    You get there, and you can't check a gun due to the policy (which is not in line with the RCW). You can't enter the court house without checking the gun and there is no way to securely store it other than that lockbox you're denied access to without ID. I wonder how the judge would react to the fact that a policy that is out of line with the law stopped someone from obeying the judge...
    Almost worked for me.....they dismissed the ticket for no PC without me there.......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384
    I'm always gonna be a playboy, mom!

    f you b

    oh man I'm sorry, thought you were 5-0

    God bless your children!

    That's hilarious!
    Last edited by thewise1; 10-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by kparker View Post
    Can't we expect our law enforcement and court agencies to just obey the f'n law???????
    You can expect ...


    But expect the unexpected !

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    watch the vid,,, the FAIL!!! is worth it...
    Agreed.

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Yep government incompetent at all levels.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884
    The beginning of the video had me rolling.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  17. #17
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    No, they didn't make a copy of my ID, both of the ladies I was dealing with was confused. When the uniformed lady first took my ID she was about to make a copy and then was stopped by the other.

    Who do I need to write? And what should I bring to their attention? I'm not as fluent in corrective action as some of the veteran OC'ers on here.

    Who do I need to write? Chief of Police or the HMFIC (they will probably send it over to the city attorney's office for clarification (which means delay)).

    And what should I bring to their attention?
    both of the RCW's that have been mentioned .300 & .290

    Somewhere in my laptop I have letters that will help. Bear with me as I got a new laptop and I have to go thru 32gb of storage files. Some letters are txt & some doc.

    So why the $124 cost?
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 10-16-2013 at 01:08 AM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    Who do I need to write? Chief of Police or the HMFIC (they will probably send it over to the city attorney's office for clarification (which means delay)).

    And what should I bring to their attention?
    both of the RCW's that have been mentioned .300 & .290

    Somewhere in my laptop I have letters that will help. Bear with me as I got a new laptop and I have to go thru 32gb of storage files. Some letters are txt & some doc.

    So why the $124 cost?
    Ok, I appreciate the help.
    I lost my case, the judge thought it was ok to stop me in the middle of my argument and literally say "I'm gonna stop you there" and charge me for the full fine. I was challenging the courts jurisdiction be cause they lacked subject matter jurisdiction because nobody filed a valid cause of action against me.

  19. #19
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by thewise1 View Post
    I'm always gonna be a playboy, mom!

    f you b

    oh man I'm sorry, thought you were 5-0

    God bless your children!

    That's hilarious!
    Bless the children, but F yo momma, Classic.

    OK, next time don't put your camera in the squirrel cage because it obviously made them mad, I could hear them ranting about it.
    Need ID? Should have asked for the chief of police, they have the ability to run your name and ID you, and I would pretty much bet they have you on video they could play back, and have a camera they could take your picture with.
    Did you get to keep the key, or did they take it from you? If you got to keep it, why do they need ID to release anything to you? I would think they could sell your gun and recoup the cost of the key if you left with it.
    If they kept the key, how could you possibly leave with it and they would have to make another.
    I would have taken the gun in the box and set it out and put my gun in. Let the other person lose his and explain it. No really you did the right thing there, by telling them.
    I hope to see you file a complaint to get the ID thing resolved.

    Overall good job.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  20. #20
    Regular Member 509rifas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Yakima County
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Almost worked for me.....they dismissed the ticket for no PC without me there.......
    I'd like to hear how you managed to pull that off.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

  21. #21
    Regular Member 509rifas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Yakima County
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post

    OK, next time don't put your camera in the squirrel cage because it obviously made them mad, I could hear them ranting about it.

    At first I thought you were implying put it in the lockbox too so you could hear what they said when he left. Which raises some interesting prospects as well as interesting questions about the legality of "bugging" them, and not in the annoying them sense of the word.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

  22. #22
    Regular Member 509rifas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Yakima County
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Ok, I appreciate the help.
    I lost my case, the judge thought it was ok to stop me in the middle of my argument and literally say "I'm gonna stop you there" and charge me for the full fine. I was challenging the courts jurisdiction be cause they lacked subject matter jurisdiction because nobody filed a valid cause of action against me.
    As far as I know if you challenge jurisdiction and they don't formally resolve the matter of jurisdiction before they move on to any other proceedings they have to dismiss with prejudice.
    I found a while ago an audio program where some guys discussed that point and detailed all the old SCOTUS cases where that very fact came up. I'm going through the network of sites where I found it, I'd seen a few months ago it was still up and I'll link it if I find it, but you know how those old school sovereign sites are about as organized as their legal briefings...
    But should the cases still be precedential, you should have grounds for an appeal.
    Also, I believe stopping you in the middle of your argument may be a violation of your right to defend yourself in court as well as due process.

    [Edit: I found it It's an old school but post-posse sovereign thing, but that's no reason to disregard it. A lot of the older sovereign arguments before sovereignity became cool made at least some sense.]

    It's based on the "Pennoyer Rule." The 2 hour mp3 explains the rest. But if it's something you want to challenge, by all means go for it.
    http://usa-the-republic.com/audio/ju...tion_(DSP).wav

    This is the page I got it from. I wouldn't vouch for ANYTHING else on the page, but that's where I found it. http://usa-the-republic.com/audio/index.html#Law
    Last edited by 509rifas; 10-17-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

  23. #23
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by 509rifas View Post
    I'd like to hear how you managed to pull that off.
    Me too but I wasn't there....I was fully expecting an arrest warrant and when I called to see if one was issued, they informed me the court dismissed the case for not having PC.

    I did make the judge raise an eye brow and chuckle when he asked at the original plea if I understood the charges and I said no, and gave him an explanation of why the ticket was bogus, he had asked the prosecutor then if he wanted to drop the charge prosecutor offered a deal, I said nope.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  24. #24
    Regular Member 509rifas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Yakima County
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Me too but I wasn't there....I was fully expecting an arrest warrant and when I called to see if one was issued, they informed me the court dismissed the case for not having PC.

    I did make the judge raise an eye brow and chuckle when he asked at the original plea if I understood the charges and I said no, and gave him an explanation of why the ticket was bogus, he had asked the prosecutor then if he wanted to drop the charge prosecutor offered a deal, I said nope.
    What was the charge?
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Ok, I appreciate the help.
    I lost my case, the judge thought it was ok to stop me in the middle of my argument and literally say "I'm gonna stop you there" and charge me for the full fine. I was challenging the courts jurisdiction be cause they lacked subject matter jurisdiction because nobody filed a valid cause of action against me.
    I promise you that the court does not care whether they "have jurisdiction". If you are there, you are subject to their powers. It's called a Glock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •