• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Open Carry Discussion Evening

Thor80

The group putting on the event does not have a projector available. I looked into renting one and they wanted $150.

If you guys could bring one, it would be greatly appreciated.

My projector works like a champ. Fired it up and ran it on the laptop just now. Its an InFocus IN24. I can bring it and show up early if needed to help with set up. It runs with just standard VGA Monitor cable (Which I have) and also does SVideo/Composite if needed. Let me know!

-Torsten

Thor80

Jeff/Bill etc.

Do you guys mind if I post the Meeting to Rick Rydell's page? He's a firearms/rights enthusiast and has a radio talk show here in Spokane. Though we might be able to drum up some more attendees and possibly some media attention. Let me know and I'll link it up on his page.

-Torsten

MattinWA

My projector works like a champ. Fired it up and ran it on the laptop just now. Its an InFocus IN24. I can bring it and show up early if needed to help with set up. It runs with just standard VGA Monitor cable (Which I have) and also does SVideo/Composite if needed. Let me know!

-Torsten

We may need to do to do that, my efforts to get the new one have failed... :( but I will still be there and record

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Congrats on your organization and moving ahead at a steady pace which you're covering all your bases. One day soon they will come to the realization their only choice is to abide by State Law as we do.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

MattinWA

One of the interesting things I heard while there is that the deputy claimed he would separate you from your sidearm in the event he had to "make contact" with you.

Whats he gunna do, run the ID I dont carry or the name I will refuse to give him?

skeith5

One of the interesting things I heard while there is that the deputy claimed he would separate you from your sidearm in the event he had to "make contact" with you.

Whats he gunna do, run the ID I dont carry or the name I will refuse to give him?

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of some of the stuff he said. I guess spokane hasn't been hit with a big enough of a lawsuit yet to change their thinking.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thor80

I think there were a few things said that many if us didn't agree with but that was not the time or place to argue it. Another example was making contact and separating the guy mowing his lawn from his sidearm... Last I checked it wasn't illegal to mow your lawn with a pistol in plain view. Vehicle carry was kind of another spot where it got confusing, one person would ask about one scenario but the answer was relating to a different scenario.

MattinWA

I think there were a few things said that many if us didn't agree with but that was not the time or place to argue it. Another example was making contact and separating the guy mowing his lawn from his sidearm... Last I checked it wasn't illegal to mow your lawn with a pistol in plain view. Vehicle carry was kind of another spot where it got confusing, one person would ask about one scenario but the answer was relating to a different scenario.

Ya, that part got recorded well enough? Where the lady asked about a sidearm to and from outdoor activities, jeff and I told her she was exempt from concealed carry permit requirements. I thought at the time he was refuting that, but changed subject to rifles/long guns, maybe he got a little education on the law. Perhaps the deputy didnt realize or was trained on the exemptions? Where is that spokane co sheriff training anyone got handy? Linky plz im driving around town :(

Jeff Hayes

Ya, that part got recorded well enough? Where the lady asked about a sidearm to and from outdoor activities, jeff and I told her she was exempt from concealed carry permit requirements. I thought at the time he was refuting that, but changed subject to rifles/long guns, maybe he got a little education on the law. Perhaps the deputy didnt realize or was trained on the exemptions? Where is that spokane co sheriff training anyone got handy? Linky plz im driving around town :(

Like Thor80 said I think the deputy learned a few things. I agree it was not the time or place to argue with him. I liked how we were referring to CPLs and he changed the subject to long guns.