• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

more police surveillance on innocent photographers

onus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taHDc8H2ZSI

Less than 100 yards away from where we stopped and the uc's ran the red light, that same departments cops shot two unarmed men in the back, killing one of them.

The cops that did the shooting are back on the street and the sheriffs department is "investigating the shooting".

I wasn't joking about being shot by the undercover's.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
1 - are you claiming to have been in the grey van?

2 - what laws were violated? what rights were infringed?

3 - what is your complaint?

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
1 - are you claiming to have been in the grey van?

2 - what laws were violated? what rights were infringed?

3 - what is your complaint?

stay safe.

I think we have a right to be free from harassment .... you wouldn't mind cops following you about every minute of the day?

FreeInAZ

Guys & Gals if you think police don't HEAVILY monitor this forum and the OC gatherings it spawns, you are naive at best. I have no problem with police conducting surveillance on criminals. I do have a problem with using it to try to keep track of people who hurt their feelings or could pose a question(s) they (LEA's) don't want asked.

In short, following people for no other reason than they do something you don't like (but perfectly legal) is beyond abuse of power. They are watching Cap/Onus in hopes he will spit some gum on the side-walk so they can call in SWAT on him, and thus shut him the hell up forever. As others have posted, If every town had 20 Caps'/Onus's then maybe we'd see a decline in the number of badge wearing criminals in blue on the street.

He can't really post about OC because he lives in a dictatorship we know as the People's Republic of Commie-fornia ooopsy, meant California or for short: the PRC. Poor ba$tards; next they'll have a ban in place on rape whistles, as they wouldn't want officers sleeping in their squad cars awoken needlessly to "not prevent" an assault in progress. :p

Last edited:

eye95

I don't care if the police observe me while I am in public. Anyone else can, so I don't care if the police do. Whether it is saying that the cops can't do something we can because they are cops or it is saying they can do something we can't because they are cops, that elevates them above us as special. Except when circumstances and the law provide them specific authority, they are no more (nor less) powerful than we.

I don't care if they are watching me because they read about it on OCDO. If the antis had half brain, they'd be reading OCDO and scheduling counter-events, like we in Ohio watch their schedules and stage our own events to coincide with theirs. Sometimes it is nice to have the cops come out. They came out in Oberlin because of threats from the antis!

sudden valley gunner

I don't care if the police observe me while I am in public. Anyone else can, so I don't care if the police do. Whether it is saying that the cops can't do something we can because they are cops or it is saying they can do something we can't because they are cops, that elevates them above us as special. Except when circumstances and the law provide them specific authority, they are no more (nor less) powerful than we.

I don't care if they are watching me because they read about it on OCDO. If the antis had half brain, they'd be reading OCDO and scheduling counter-events, like we in Ohio watch their schedules and stage our own events to coincide with theirs. Sometimes it is nice to have the cops come out. They came out in Oberlin because of threats from the antis!

Being public servants there are many things they "can't do" that we can, they are supposed to be restricted both constitutionally and by policy.

Proactive policing by the state in any form is unconstitutional and against our common law heritage.

BrianB

I think we have a right to be free from harassment .... you wouldn't mind cops following you about every minute of the day?

My understanding is that, under the 4th amendment, if the police conduct surveillance without approval from a court or probable cause your rights have been violated. Of course you'd have to be able to prove that such surveillance is taking place to file your lawsuit.

eye95

Being public servants there are many things they "can't do" that we can, they are supposed to be restricted both constitutionally and by policy.

Proactive policing by the state in any form is unconstitutional and against our common law heritage.

Check out those restrictions. They are essentially the same restrictions place on other citizens. A non-cop cannot just up and search my house. A non-cop cannot stop me on the street and command my presence. Cops can only do these things when their authority specifically allows them to do these things. Because of that, rules are developed that stop them from taking actions that would exceed that authority. The rules stop them from doing things that non-cops couldn't do anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

My understanding is that, under the 4th amendment, if the police conduct surveillance without approval from a court or probable cause your rights have been violated. Of course you'd have to be able to prove that such surveillance is taking place to file your lawsuit.

That would depend on what is meant by "conduct surveillance." If you mean "take extraordinary steps to observe that which is not routinely observable by others," then, yes, that would be a violation absent PC or a warrant. If you mean "observing that which is routinely observable by all in that public area," then, no, I know of no ruling or law that would stop him from observing for a good long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

onus

Its not the surveillance that's the problem its the reason why the police are doing the surveillance.

Also, from a public safety stand point, this city has multiple murders, gangs, rapes, armed robberies and other crimes occurring.

Instead of dedicating resources to catch actual criminals, the police are following me around multiple cities and at all hours of the day.

The government would rather silence a critic than protect the community from rapists and murderers.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Why aren't you out catching real crooks?" does not fly - either with the cops or with me.

IF the survellience is designed to harass you or to try to influence your legal behavior (OCing, making repeated left turns where & when legal, chewing gum while walking) to the end of making you less likely to engage in that behavior, there are established channels for dealing with the harassment. Go use those channels and then come back and tell us how you succeeded or why you did not prevail.

Whinging about something, especially accompanied by a stubborn refusal to "do something - do anything" about the object of your whinging, is one of the sure ways to lose support for being the injured one. If you don't know what to do, go hire someone to advise you what you could do and then pick one of the choices identified.

... you wouldn't mind cops following you about every minute of the day?

If their following me was related to my efforts to accomplish a certain legal but unpopular goal, I would actually prefer that they do so. If nothing else, I am tying up their resources while others holding the same goals/ideals as me are free(er) to act without interference. Do you know the story of the designated drunk driver?*

stay safe.

* - anybody not knowing the story may PM me for the short version.

eye95

Its not the surveillance that's the problem its the reason why the police are doing the surveillance.

Also, from a public safety stand point, this city has multiple murders, gangs, rapes, armed robberies and other crimes occurring.

Instead of dedicating resources to catch actual criminals, the police are following me around multiple cities and at all hours of the day.

The government would rather silence a critic than protect the community from rapists and murderers.

Nope. It's the surveillance, not the reason. If you are doing it in open view of the public, then you are doing it in open view of the cops. Get over it. You watch them in public. They watch you in public. Sauce for the goose.

BTW, do you ever discuss OC? Do you ever OC?

Last edited:

onus

"Why aren't you out catching real crooks?" does not fly - either with the cops or with me.

IF the survellience is designed to harass you or to try to influence your legal behavior (OCing, making repeated left turns where & when legal, chewing gum while walking) to the end of making you less likely to engage in that behavior, there are established channels for dealing with the harassment. Go use those channels and then come back and tell us how you succeeded or why you did not prevail.

It appears you don't know the role of law enforcement in America.

Police are supposed to be catching people who have broken the law and also trying to prevent people from breaking the law.

Police are NOT supposed to intimidate or harass people for engaging in constitutionally protected activities.

Police are NOT supposed to be targeting people who engage in documenting and disseminating information about police and government.

The reason I am currently in Los Angeles is because I start depositions and settlement talks with two cities that I have lawsuits against. It is obvious those cities are angry, bitter and spiteful. Those cities and their police departments are looking to arrest me. They are looking to gather information they think will dissuade me from pursuing my lawsuits. They are looking for information a jury will think damages my reputation and credibility.

The government is terribly desperate.

I have never been convicted of a crime in my life. The only times I have been arrested was for photography related incidents for which I am going to be paid a lot of money by said government agencies.

I own my own business. I employee people. I create wealth. I monitor and document my government. I am the type of American that every person should be. I am the type of person the government today hates and wants to destroy.

I don't murder. I don't rape. I don't steal. I don't assault. I don't lie.

The police have been doing almost constant surveillance on me for about 7 months now. They have come up with.........nothing.

Meanwhile, criminals in their cities are getting away with crimes with real victims while the police dedicate resources to me.

This should concern and outrage all Americans.

By the way.....I expect to be paid about $200,000 plus attorney fees from one city alone for two arrests. Then I will head back to my free state and enjoy some hunting, skiing and gun rights.

Then when it gets a little warmer I will head back to California to enjoy some surfing and terrorizing of corrupt police departments.

Are you mad bro ?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP As others have posted, If every town had 20 Caps'/Onus's then maybe we'd see a decline in the number of badge wearing criminals in blue on the street.

+1

Is he very abrasive? Yes.

Would I do it differently? Yes.

Do I like him? Not one bit.

Can I look past those points and recognize the legitimacy of his activities? Yes.

Check wikipedia for John Lilburne. Lilburne was the final straw that got us the right against self-incrimination. He was the last straw; and he was a big straw. More like a brick--he was very popular because of the tracts he wrote and his status as a war hero. But, he was extremely fractious. As one contemporary put it, "If he was last man on earth, John would argue with Lilburne, and Lilburne with John."

Onus is showing less of the self-promotion and nonsense that characterized his earlier incarnation here. Let's focus more on his police-monitoring.

Last edited:

onus

Less than 100 yards away from where we stopped and the uc's ran the red light, that same departments cops shot two unarmed men in the back, killing one of them.

The cops that did the shooting are back on the street and the sheriffs department is "investigating the shooting".

I wasn't joking about being shot by the undercover's.