Thread: VFW Post 1881 ANTI-GUN

Angry VFW Post 1881 ANTI-GUN

The VFW Post 1881 here in Cheyenne has just voted to be a "weapons" free facility and will be posting "No Weapons Allowed" signs in the establishment this week. They did this without the knowledge of the Veteran membership. I sure hope that ALL members are thoroughly outraged about this.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    The VFW Post 1881 here in Cheyenne has just voted to be a "weapons" free facility and will be posting "No Weapons Allowed" signs in the establishment this week. They did this without the knowledge of the Veteran membership. I sure hope that ALL members are thoroughly outraged about this.
    Put a sign on their door - 'Criminals Welcome Here, no guns on premises'? (just kidding...)

Irony

A group of military veterans that cannot see the value of good men having ready access to the tools of defense?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Wonder if any of them are "oath keepers".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

As a veteran and member of the American Legion I wonder if they can actually do that. I think the National leadership of the American Legion needs to be aware of this. I know we have a opening ceremony every meeting re-affirming our oath to defend the US Constituion and banning the 2A doesn't seem to go along with that.

I suggest all memebers of this chapter quit immediatly, I notice they waited until everyone paid their dues for the next year (they are due in August every year).

I will resign from my post 101 in Mountain Home Idaho and not support the AL if this stands.

I went to the Facebook page belonging to VFW Post 1881 and posted what they did so members could see it. And the Admin of the page "liked" my post. I guess I just don't understand what the "like" button is for.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    As a veteran and member of the American Legion I wonder if they can actually do that. I think the National leadership of the American Legion needs to be aware of this. I know we have a opening ceremony every meeting re-affirming our oath to defend the US Constituion and banning the 2A doesn't seem to go along with that.

I suggest all memebers of this chapter quit immediatly, I notice they waited until everyone paid their dues for the next year (they are due in August every year).

I will resign from my post 101 in Mountain Home Idaho and not support the AL if this stands.
    Hey Doc.... He wrote VFW. Stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars. An entirely different entity than the American Legion...

And I believe that such a ruling WOULD require to be brought before the body, the members of that post, as a motion, then voted on by the members present. Such a motion would NOT pass in my local VFW.
    Last edited by xd shooter; 10-16-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post
    Hey Doc.... He wrote VFW. Stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars. An entirely different entity than the American Legion...

And I believe that such a ruling WOULD require to be brought before the body, the members of that post, as a motion, then voted on by the members present. Such a motion would NOT pass in my local VFW.
    I know I'm a member of the VFW also, Unfortunatly in our small town the VFW is attached to 1 of our AL posts. I know it sounds strange but we meet in the same AL building and most of the memebers are in both. This is why I have a hard time seperating the two.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    I would imagine that the first vet seeing it would simply tear it down and stomp on it .... sign still up?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I would imagine that the first vet seeing it would simply tear it down and stomp on it .... sign still up?
    I do not live in town, and won't be by the VFW, till next weekend, but I'll get back to ya on the sign.
    --Semper Fi--

If the sign keeps disappearing they may get tired of replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    If the sign keeps disappearing they may get tired of replacing it.
    ... and charge vandalism and theft.

I don't know what is the VFW mission statement, but I recite the AmLegion Preamble regularly. I accuse that they AmLegion have abrogated their duty to Combat the Autocracy of the Classes and the Masses.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.