• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Pentagon City Fashion Centre (Arlington VA) Mall for OC

Baked on Grease

I could still return the iPad and say due to my personal beliefs I will take my purchase to an Apple store where they do not prohibit law abiding citizens carrying sidearms.

On that note, the Apple store phone number is: (703) 236-1550. For those of you who feel inclined, please feel free to reiterate our discontent with the situation. I think if they get enough calls they may communicate the discontent with the mall security. If you do choose to call, please remember: Arlington PD acted professionally, it was the security causing the scene.

Don't tell Apple you will buy an ipad elsewhere, apple wont care because they still get their m9ney. Tell them you will buy a Samsung from best buy instead because 9f this...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

cirrusly

After doing some research per the suggestions on this thread, it does appear that the Simons mall posts a "code of conduct" in which very small print on a 8.5" x 11" letter like document does it state that firearms are prohibited.

First and foremost, I agree this small posted "code of conduct" is better than a big "no firearms" sign being plastered on the door. It allows for plausible deniability / innocence should someone OC through the Simon's mall (I was not aware Simon's was anti-firearms). And as was mentioned previous, if they're reminded to post signs, and do, the CC crowd would lose their right to carry in Simons as well.

Follow-up question: If there was say, a small 4" x 6" no firearms sign on the door and I accidentally didn't see it, is it likely I would have been arrested? What is the Virginia law state about this? I found:

usacarry.com said:
Places off-limits when carrying:
§18.2-308 (O.) : Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.

Yet, there was no mention of "private property" or "signage" in VA 18.2-308.

Obviously, I would not knowingly violate a clearly posted sign on private property, as much as I may strongly oppose their choice to ban firearms, but I was curious as to the legality in case I truly did accidentally proceed into an area where a small sign was posted.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
After doing some research per the suggestions on this thread, it does appear that the Simons mall posts a "code of conduct" in which very small print on a 8.5" x 11" letter like document does it state that firearms are prohibited.

First and foremost, I agree this small posted "code of conduct" is better than a big "no firearms" sign being plastered on the door. It allows for plausible deniability / innocence should someone OC through the Simon's mall (I was not aware Simon's was anti-firearms). And as was mentioned previous, if they're reminded to post signs, and do, the CC crowd would lose their right to carry in Simons as well.

Follow-up question: If there was say, a small 4" x 6" no firearms sign on the door and I accidentally didn't see it, is it likely I would have been arrested? What is the Virginia law state about this? I found:

Yet, there was no mention of "private property" or "signage" in VA 18.2-308.

Obviously, I would not knowingly violate a clearly posted sign on private property, as much as I may strongly oppose their choice to ban firearms, but I was curious as to the legality in case I truly did accidentally proceed into an area where a small sign was posted.

"Follow-up question: If there was say, a small 4" x 6" no firearms sign on the door and I accidentally didn't see it, is it likely I would have been arrested? What is the Virginia law state about this?"

Management/ownership reserves the right to either summon the police for a charge of trespassing or to overrule their sign at their discretion. At least, this is how I understand it to be. So let's say a jewelry store has a sign posted which bans firearms on their premises but the owner happens to be one of your neighbors. He could simply tell you to ignore the sign and come on in. His store, his property, his whim.

PeteXD

I work Armed, Uniformed security very close to that mall. I'm talking full on uniform and gun belt, look like a police officer. Sadly, even us guards aren't allowed in the mall with our weapons. We have to disarm if we want to get chipotle or some such. I avoid that mall like the plague.