• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No firearms sign at Fat Duck Deli and Bakery...so I CC'd and ate there anyway

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I don't stand in the rain outside the door of every establishment and fastidiously read every sign on the door before entering. If I am ever asked to leave (never have been), I will leave and never return.

Agreed. However, I will not KNOWINGLY patronize an anti-gun establishment, especially one so vehement about it.

papa bear

Sorry he-man but relationships are a compromise. I get what you're saying but I was already in a sh!tty mood and just didn't want to argue. Again, not an excuse but I kind of liked the fact that I was breaking their rule. Won't be going there again so the $7 I spent there is all they're ever going to get from me.

and if your spouse tells you to sacrifice a young child to the demi god Baal, would you do it to compromise
i think it was Solomon that did it

i don't sacrifice my beliefs for no anyone

papa bear

just a suggestion. but could y6ou put a sticker next to it that says something like, all mass murders happen in GFZ, or only criminals are allowed to carry here, or even remember LUBY's

bebop4one

And the winner for the stupidest comparison on planet earth is.... drum roll please........

Yeah I have to agree. That comparison is a bit extreme. I'll admit that I shouldn't have given them my money but what's done is done. We all think the signs are stupid. The end.

Trigger Dr

My "GUESS" would be that the sign gives "constructive notice" that entering contrary to the sign would be a trespass.:confused:

Additional information

9A.52.010
Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this chapter:

(1) "Access" means to approach, instruct, communicate with, store data in, retrieve data from, or otherwise make use of any resources of a computer, directly or by electronic means.

(2) "Computer program" means an ordered set of data representing coded instructions or statements that when executed by a computer cause the computer to process data.

(3) "Data" means a representation of information, knowledge, facts, concepts, or instructions that are being prepared or have been prepared in a formalized manner and are intended for use in a computer.

(4) "Enter." The word "enter" when constituting an element or part of a crime, shall include the entrance of the person, or the insertion of any part of his or her body, or any instrument or weapon held in his or her hand and used or intended to be used to threaten or intimidate a person or to detach or remove property;

(5) "Enters or remains unlawfully." A person "enters or remains unlawfully" in or upon premises when he or she is not then licensed, invited, or otherwise privileged to so enter or remain.

A license or privilege to enter or remain in a building which is only partly open to the public is not a license or privilege to enter or remain in that part of a building which is not open to the public. A person who enters or remains upon unimproved and apparently unused land, which is neither fenced nor otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders, does so with license and privilege unless notice against trespass is personally communicated to him or her by the owner of the land or some other authorized person, or unless notice is given by posting in a conspicuous manner. Land that is used for commercial aquaculture or for growing an agricultural crop or crops, other than timber, is not unimproved and apparently unused land if a crop or any other sign of cultivation is clearly visible or if notice is given by posting in a conspicuous manner. Similarly, a field fenced in any manner is not unimproved and apparently unused land. A license or privilege to enter or remain on improved and apparently used land that is open to the public at particular times, which is neither fenced nor otherwise enclosed in a manner to exclude intruders, is not a license or privilege to enter or remain on the land at other times if notice of prohibited times of entry is posted in a conspicuous manner.

(6) "Premises" includes any building, dwelling, structure used for commercial aquaculture, or any real property.

[2011 c 336 § 369; 2004 c 69 § 1; 1985 c 289 § 1. Prior: 1984 c 273 § 5; 1984 c 49 § 1; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.52.010.]

Notes:

Jeff Hayes

Additional information

9A.52.010
Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this chapter:

(1) "Access" means to approach, instruct, communicate with, store data in, retrieve data from, or otherwise make use of any resources of a computer, directly or by electronic means.

(2) "Computer program" means an ordered set of data representing coded instructions or statements that when executed by a computer cause the computer to process data.

(3) "Data" means a representation of information, knowledge, facts, concepts, or instructions that are being prepared or have been prepared in a formalized manner and are intended for use in a computer.

(4) "Enter." The word "enter" when constituting an element or part of a crime, shall include the entrance of the person, or the insertion of any part of his or her body, or any instrument or weapon held in his or her hand and used or intended to be used to threaten or intimidate a person or to detach or remove property;

(5) "Enters or remains unlawfully." A person "enters or remains unlawfully" in or upon premises when he or she is not then licensed, invited, or otherwise privileged to so enter or remain.

A license or privilege to enter or remain in a building which is only partly open to the public is not a license or privilege to enter or remain in that part of a building which is not open to the public. A person who enters or remains upon unimproved and apparently unused land, which is neither fenced nor otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders, does so with license and privilege unless notice against trespass is personally communicated to him or her by the owner of the land or some other authorized person, or unless notice is given by posting in a conspicuous manner. Land that is used for commercial aquaculture or for growing an agricultural crop or crops, other than timber, is not unimproved and apparently unused land if a crop or any other sign of cultivation is clearly visible or if notice is given by posting in a conspicuous manner. Similarly, a field fenced in any manner is not unimproved and apparently unused land. A license or privilege to enter or remain on improved and apparently used land that is open to the public at particular times, which is neither fenced nor otherwise enclosed in a manner to exclude intruders, is not a license or privilege to enter or remain on the land at other times if notice of prohibited times of entry is posted in a conspicuous manner.

(6) "Premises" includes any building, dwelling, structure used for commercial aquaculture, or any real property.

[2011 c 336 § 369; 2004 c 69 § 1; 1985 c 289 § 1. Prior: 1984 c 273 § 5; 1984 c 49 § 1; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.52.010.]

Notes:

A no firearms sign is not a notice of trespass?

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

If a business hates our rights, then why should be give them money?

"I went to a rights hating business and supported them anyways...."

Really people? Are we really that stupid?

Difdi

just a suggestion. but could y6ou put a sticker next to it that says something like, all mass murders happen in GFZ, or only criminals are allowed to carry here, or even remember LUBY's

Probably not a good idea. If you do this, make sure not to get caught. Vandalism/graffiti being illegal and all.

On the other hand, getting stickers made of that rubber-like stuff that sticks to glass would let you place your sticker without worrying about a vandalism charge...

GunnyG

Notice of trespass?

How substantially would that sign be any different than the "no guns" sign that Westfield posts on their shopping malls, where you would still have to be discovered, formally issued a "no trespass" order, and subsequently violate that order, before you could be arrested for trespass?

Jeff Hayes

How substantially would that sign be any different than the "no guns" sign that Westfield posts on their shopping malls, where you would still have to be discovered, formally issued a "no trespass" order, and subsequently violate that order, before you could be arrested for trespass?

Agreed, I updated my post to say "A no firearms sign is not a notice of trespass?"

I understood it perfectly when I posted it the first time LOL

Freedom1Man

How far are you willing to take that? Only when the business hates YOUR rights? Or when the business hates anyone's rights? I don't think there are very many retail chains who respect their employees' rights to carry firearms. So, if the business only tells certain people that they are not allowed to carry a firearm, that is OK with you so long as they don't tell you that you are not allowed to carry? What if the owner of a business approaches another customer and tells them verbally that they can't have their firearm in the business but never approaches you and does not posts signs? Is it then OK with you to give them business because they are only hating the other person's rights and not yours?

A clear no guns sticker is the first line.

If I heard the manager saying that to another customer I would tell him/her to post it. If I was still waiting for food when I heard that I would leave. If food had arrived then it would be my last meal there.

JustaShooter

A clear no guns sticker is the first line.

If I heard the manager saying that to another customer I would tell him/her to post it.
No. Do not ever suggest to a manager, owner, or anyone else that they post a business. Make them individually eject each and every person they see, and thereby give them the opportunity to educate the manager or owner. And in the case of a manager, I'd ask for the owner's contact information so I could determine (after leaving) whether or not the manager was obeying the owner's wishes.