• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dating, a new problem for carriers?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If a woman did not want to date me because I was white, that's a problem. Hers. Not mine.

Same thing if a woman did not want to date me because I respected Liberty, including the unlicensed RKBA. Her problem. Not mine.

There are plenty of women out there without irrational fears and prejudices. They will make better girlfriends and wives than the wackadoodles will. And, for most rational males, finding a quality person to be one's wife is the ultimate goal of dating.

+1

tomrkba

It is a good first filter.

Try a paid dating service. They should be able to find a pool of ladies who are not gun shy.

mpguy

There needs to be a firm stance on this. My wife as most know hates guns.. (She loves her sig mosquito) hates them, the attention they bring and being asked to leave places really pisses her of. But she has her hobbies and beliefs and I have mine. We understand each other and respect that.

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Same boat here. Keep at it op, and be willing to look a little longer. Good thing's come to those who wait.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I didn't own any guns while married, they were all acquired long after she passed. If/when I meet some one I will be OC, and if they don't like guns - fine they can move along. I am a strong believer in my right to not only carry on a daily basis, but to go target shooting/hunting. I will not change my beliefs for anybody, take it or leave it.
BTW farmersonly.com for gun friendly ladies.

OC for ME

My current romantic interest lives in Minneapolis,...

We had a calm, scientific conversation about it and left emotion at the door. ...
With a girl?.....I know this story is BS.....scientific conversation my backside. ;)

Anyway, I certainly hope this is the last excursion into the "dating website" beta test.

Kopis

move to the south. i think more women here have weapons permits than guys.

Some responses ive had over the years......COOL GUN! can i shoot it? take me to the range! or if they felt it while putting their arm around me... ohhhhh youre packing... that's sexy. :lol:

there is some good advice here though. A lot of ranges around here have "buddy or date" nights where it's $40 for two boxes of ammo, lane rental, two targets and light dinner. I know lots of people who have done first dates there.

good choice on the G19 too! my first pistol ever was a hand me down g17 gen 1, got a gen 4 g34 last year then a new gen4 g17 and actually just got a g19 for the lady but i carry it all the time now lol! I shoot better with it than my g17 for some reason, i blame the dawson sights. I put ameriglos on the g19 and love them. get a crossbreed IWB if you CC too. I got one for the g17 and also use it for the 19. Tactical cut is worth the $10 too FYI, better initial grip on the handle i feel like. Comptac with vertical draw is my favorite OC/OWB holster.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First off I would like to introduce myself, My name is Dave I am 23 years old, I moved to Wiconsin from Illinois and only have been carrying for a year.

As a young man I feel the need to search for someone to share a relationship with, ....

I have tried to be open with it, tried to hide it, tried to put it into the conversation and it seems that since I started carrying, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find someone who wont shriek at the thought of her new date carrying a Glock19.

This is an Issue I have not seen talked about anywhere. Thoughts?

There's your problem right there. :p

Seriously, if carrying a handgun is part of who you are, then the person that becomes your significant other is going to have to accept that along with the fact that you fart and pick your nose.

Keep looking - she's out there somewhere.

stay safe.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
............. If/when I meet some one I will be OC, and if they don't like guns - fine they can move along. I am a strong believer in my right to not only carry on a daily basis, but to go target shooting/hunting. I will not change my beliefs for anybody, take it or leave it.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!
If you wear it all the time, for the whole honest world to see, the situation will take care of itself.

Last edited:

markand

I began dating a few years after the end of a 24 year marriage. I decided I didn't want to spend money on dates with women who weren't into the things I was into or had world views radically different from my own. So I was upfront about a whole host of things, including money, politics, faith, abortion, and firearms. I didn't want to hide any of that, I wanted to scare them away as quickly as possible if they couldn't stomach any of it. Preferably before I spent too much time or money on them. I eventually married a wonderful woman who shares my beliefs and enthusiastically embraced almost everything I was interested in. And, of course, I've done the same with her.

Kopis

There's your problem right there. :p

stay safe.

always a glock hater! G19 is reliable, accurate, holds 15+1, easy to conceal, what's not to love? You hating on it because it's black :lol:? i used to carry a g17 and got a g19 for the wife to shoot at my little range, but i carry it all the time now.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
always a glock hater! G19 is reliable, accurate, holds 15+1, easy to conceal, what's not to love? You hating on it because it's black :lol:? i used to carry a g17 and got a g19 for the wife to shoot at my little range, but i carry it all the time now.

It's Eurotrash they didn't even have the common sense to rebrand with an American name (like Springfield did with the XD).

:)