Thread: Conversation with Handgun Hotline lady today

Conversation with Handgun Hotline lady today

While waiting for the WI handgun background check "hotline" woman to give me some info on a purchase for some customers, we were bs'ing about the CC applications. They process the CCL's at the same dept as the HH and she told me that they can't believe how many people were still sending in applications. 800+ a week she said - she was laughing that someone must be standing outside the bars looking for new 21 year olds to sign up!

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    While waiting for the WI handgun background check "hotline" woman to give me some info on a purchase for some customers, we were bs'ing about the CC applications. They process the CCL's at the same dept as the HH and she told me that they can't believe how many people were still sending in applications. 800+ a week she said - she was laughing that someone must be standing outside the bars looking for new 21 year olds to sign up!
    With the way things are going I am not surprised at that number. It should be more. I wonder if the anti gunners are secretly getting their permits too. Wish there was a way to screen them out and refuse them their CCls. They have caused great turmoil for us.
    Last edited by Law abider; 10-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    With the way things are going I am not surprised at that number. It should be more. I wonder if the anti gunners are secretly getting their permits too. Wish there was a way to screen them out and refuse them their CCls. They have caused great turmoil for us.
    We may not agree with nor like their past performance, but we should be willing to defend their right to defend themselves.

Not every self-defense proponent was born that way - most become educated to the rights/benefits inherent therein. Some take a bit more educating, but the victory is no less sweet.

Paxton Quigley was a pacifist - didn't believe in violent solutions at all - never with a gun.

She had an epiphany and has become one the preeminent promoters of armed self-defense.
    http://www.paxtonquigley.com/whois_paxton.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    We may not agree with nor like their past performance, but we should be willing to defend their right to defend themselves.
    [/URL]
    I think we would be better off w/o the antis....so, no I do not support people who want to take away my guns.

Heck, even obamalama and biden support the 2nd amendment ! (they must have a misprinted copy or something)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think we would be better off w/o the antis....so, no I do not support people who want to take away my guns.

Heck, even obamalama and biden support the 2nd amendment ! (they must have a misprinted copy or something)
    Never said, not even a hint, that I would support those "who want to take away my guns."

What I did say was that we should support their right to defend themselves.

To do less would be to raise hypocrisy to a new magnitude.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Never said, not even a hint, that I would support those "who want to take away my guns."

I guess I'm an enigma wrapped in a riddle then ...

I can live with the hypocrisy.

As Krokus said .. life is a B***
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHo6LihtzFM

Don't have bands like them anymore ... a gone era of great music

Concealed carry is the entrance to open carry (of pistols)....or at least far greater acceptance of it. Most people are about they themselves first. So they may be anti or have friends that are anti, but they gradually change into having a firearm. Then once that big hurdle is over, then the next one is CC. Remember, change is a process.
    If someone is doing CC, as long as another person is acting like an adult, looking respectable and not toting around ARs, how on earth can the CC person criticize the OC with a pistol on his/her belt that is just going about their errands/business, just like the CC-er is doing?

Interesting. While I work to restore our unfettered 2A right in my small way, the anti-gun crowd benefits from my efforts despite their efforts to thwart my efforts. They have the right by doing nothing. They work to deprive themselves of their right. A pox on them.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    While I work to restore our unfettered 2A right in my small way, the anti-gun crowd benefits from my efforts despite their efforts to thwart my efforts.
    I don't worry about those anti to me as I'll never win them over. I've long ago given up trying to have a rational discussion/debate with a liberal/progressive because they are programmed and isolated from 'normal people'. Those of my ilk (conservative) I don't worry about as generally we agree on most things...and the powers that be demonize us anyway.

The people in the middle don't listen to either one of us as they've been intentionally confused and overwhelmed (by the liberal/progressive institutions).
    They don't know it, but they're programmed by the (liberal/progressive dominated) entertainment media.
    So the question is how to unprogram them.

Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    I don't worry about those anti to me as I'll never win them over. I've long ago given up trying to have a rational discussion/debate with a liberal/progressive because they are programmed and isolated from 'normal people'. Those of my ilk (conservative) I don't worry about as generally we agree on most things...and the powers that be demonize us anyway.

The people in the middle don't listen to either one of us as they've been intentionally confused and overwhelmed (by the liberal/progressive institutions).
    They don't know it, but they're programmed by the (liberal/progressive dominated) entertainment media.
    So the question is how to unprogram them.
    +1

How indeed. Keep working to restore liberty is all I can do. If they follow, good, if not, I will not look over my shoulder.

Keep working, but don't forget to keep busy...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Interesting. While I work to restore our unfettered 2A right in my small way, the anti-gun crowd benefits from my efforts despite their efforts to thwart my efforts. They have the right by doing nothing. They work to deprive themselves of their right. A pox on them.
    Grape doesn't get everything ... I like Churchill's views: gotta be the biggest ***hole on the block if you want to rule the block (paraphrasing of course)

I figure people who want to take or register my guns are TRYING TO CAUSE ME HARM ...

There are plenty of nice people in the cemetery ..