Thread: Should businesses be allowed to bn employees from cc

Should businesses be allowed to bn employees from cc

Hi, I've seen quite a bit of people talking about this so I was curious what you all thought. Should a business owner be forced under law to either provide an armed guard or to allow employees to carry conceld if they can meet the requirements to carry? I ask this only because I've noticed a lot of stores posting no gun signs since our house bill 2 came into effect. I do support this because I want to feel safe and secure at work, this helps with productivity and general additidudes of employees in my openion.

CRIMINALS DONT OPEN CARRY, MOST DONT WEAR HOLSTERS, NONE CARE THAT YOU HAVE A NO GUN SIGN UP. GOOD JOB TO ALL STORES WHO POST SIGNS, ALL OF YOU HAVE OPENED YOURSELF TO CRIMINALS THEY NOW NO THAT YOU ARE WEAK AND THEY WILL HAVE NO RESISTANCE AT YOUR PLACE OF BUISNESS!
    Last edited by Glocklover20; 10-13-2013 at 08:58 PM.

An employer should be able to ban any behavior he desires - OC, CC, smoking, drinking, shaving one's head, wearing jewelry, whatever. And just as they should be free to do so, you should be free to not work for them if you dislike their conditions.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Yes. Some have legitimate reasons to do so (use your imagination). Freedom applies to all, so as best to allow for all contingencies.
    Last edited by marshaul; 10-14-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Guns in Cars Part

In Florida, your car is your property, even though it is on your employer's land. I all but a few situations -i.e. secure locations - you can keep your gun in your car, and they can not either ask you if you have one (or for that matter a CWFL permit) or enter your vehicle without your permission to search for their property ONLY. Searching for their property without your consent requires a warrant, and law enforcement would have to make the search.
    Last edited by GHF; 10-14-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHF View Post
    In Florida, your car is your property, even though it is on your employer's land. I all but a few situations -i.e. secure locations - you can keep your gun in your car, and they can not either ask you if you have one (or for that matter a CWFL permit) or enter your vehicle without your permission to search for their property ONLY. Searching for their property without your consent requires a warrant, and law enforcement would have to make the search.
    I know that in Mississippi the vehicle is an extension of ones home, I think that covers you and your employers but I do have family that have to sign a contract each year to work and in that contract is clearly states that they can't have weapons on them or in their car.