Thread: quick question

quick question

im a florida resident i do not have a concealed carry license but i just put a smith and wesson m&p 15 on lay away at kittery trading post in maine and im fixing to switch my stuff over to become a new hampshire residence (looking for an apartment)

my question to you guys is this and i do realize i will get flamed but all im asking is everyone be civil. until i get my new hampshire residence may i open carry in the state of new hampshire loaded. i understand i cant have the gun loaded in a vehicle but can i have the rifle loaded at per say a open carry demonstration with the florida license and no non resident permit. thank u all

Welcome to the forum. You've got the answers right.

In NH, a license is only needed for two things: carrying a handgun that is both loaded and concealed on your person, or carrying a loaded handgun in a vehicle.

"Loaded" means ammunition actually in the gun. You can have a loaded magazine next to it and be fine. Open or concealed are irrelevant in a vehicle; you need a license whether it's visible or not.

Once you establish NH residency, you apply at the local PD for your license. It's a simple two page form, must-issue within 14 days, and the license is only $10.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You've got the answers right.

In NH, a license is only needed for two things: carrying a handgun that is both loaded and concealed on your person, or carrying a loaded handgun in a vehicle.

"Loaded" means ammunition actually in the gun. You can have a loaded magazine next to it and be fine. Open or concealed are irrelevant in a vehicle; you need a license whether it's visible or not.

Once you establish NH residency, you apply at the local PD for your license. It's a simple two page form, must-issue within 14 days, and the license is only $10.
    Thank u sir for the response chances Are I won't do it before I get my residency here and even then Ill probally do it with a handgun but I was just curious just in case if an oc event pips up when I'm on hometime Thank u again