Thread: Colo. governor asks gun-control groups to stay away from latest recall. Video

Colo. governor asks gun-control groups to stay away from latest recall. Video

"The Democratic governor said Sunday it’s “probably not a bad idea” for gun-control advocates — read: New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg — to refrain from jumping in the state’s latest recall drive, this one against Democratic state Sen. Evie Hudak. “Colorado is a state that people like to be resourceful themselves and solve their own problems,” said Mr. Hickenlooper in a video interview with USA Today. “They don’t really like outside organizations meddling in their affairs.”

“What do you mean we lost?” Mr. Bloomberg told Time magazine in the Oct. 21 issue. “I’m sorry for those two people. But we won in Colorado. On to the next state.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-stay-away-la/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ecall/2969257/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “What do you mean we lost?” Mr. Bloomberg told Time magazine in the Oct. 21 issue. “I’m sorry for those two people. But we won in Colorado. On to the next state.”
    What a blatant liar... Bloomberg's just ticked because he said he'd disban Mayors against et al if they lost the recall. They did. He's reneging.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I went last week and personally donated to the Recall Hudak folks at their office in Arvada.
    Bloomberg AND Hick can KMA.
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

Yea, the "common wisdom" here is that Bloomer's financial opposition to the recall REALLY pissed off the people of those 2 districts. Bloomers spent something like 5X the money of the recallers and still lost by sizable margins. Democrats and independents who otherwise wouldn't have gotten involved were signing the petitions and turned out to vote in large numbers. The Bloomers $$$$ had a larger negative than positive.

Chickenpooper is afraid any outside $$$$ will backfire again. Hudak barely won last time because there was a libertarian running to split the conservative vote; the odds are against her now without agitating the peasants.

RandallFlagg-

I live in Grand Junction but will be in Denver at the end of the month, I need to make contact and see about gathering signatures for a few hours and drop off some $.
    Last edited by F350; 10-15-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    ...there was a libertarian running to split the conservative vote...
    One could argue that there was a Republican running that split the conservative vote.

Note, that is intended to be HUMOR, not to start a fight.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    One could argue that there was a Republican running that split the conservative vote.

Note, that is intended to be HUMOR, not to start a fight.
    +1 Hey-Oh