Thread: Absentee ballot

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Absentee ballot

Absentee BallotI just looked at the absentee ballots. It doesn't look like there is any ID requirement.

If I'm right about that, I'll be hunting outside my county that day so I can vote.

If I'm wrong, I'll be hunting outside my county that day and they can go to Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Absentee BallotI just looked at the absentee ballots. It doesn't look like there is any ID requirement.

If I'm right about that, I'll be hunting outside my county that day so I can vote.

If I'm wrong, I'll be hunting outside my county that day and they can go to Hell!
    But! But! Voter fraud! Minorities voting Democrat!

Banned
    I know as an election judge ... I would toss out certain voters' absentee ballots ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I know as an election judge ... I would toss out certain voters' absentee ballots ...
    No doubt.

You can get an absentee ballot only if you are a registered voter. It requires at the minimum the last four of your SSN, address and a reason that you need the absentee ballot. I did however check my picture id to confirm it really was me requesting the ballot.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

I vote at City Hall each year as I have a teaching assignment out of state the first week of November. You can in person at the Registrar's office up to 45 days in advance. No lines ever. Try it you might like Voter's ID card is all that is needed.

why would they require ID? They ain't gonna count them anyway.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    why would they require ID? They ain't gonna count them anyway.
    I don't think they count them when I go in. It's window dressing just like the views from space even though we all know the earth is really flat.

Oh, they will count the votes......

Like that great statesman, Joseph Stalin, said: "It does not matter who casts the votes, it only matters who counts them." Would I imply a parallel? Nah, not me.........
    Last edited by The Wolfhound; 10-18-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org