Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traffic stop by auburn PD last night

traffic stop by auburn PD last night

greetings everyone

today I thought I would share my experience last night with the auburn police.

last night at approx 2100 hours I was pulled over for speeding on west valley highway by dells farm supply for 35 in a 25 (I forgot they changed the darn speed limit about a year ago)

of course I have my standard carry pistol on a cz75 (pre b) to keep this post OC related.

the officer seemed to be convinced I was drinking as my car did not smell very good (dog vomit in the back seat from when my dog got sick the other day) of course it only cleans up so well.

of course I tell him about the dog vomit and that is when he shines his flash light in the back seat.

here is the oh snap! moment.

I guess I got a gift from my father that he snuck into my back seat, when I was at his house. a nice full numbers matching 5 digit s/n Springfield armory built M1 garand. and a January 1967 edition of playboy magazine.

now mr officer is all pissy that I did not declare I had a weapon. of course he still has not noticed my holstered CZ on my right hip yet.

now first thing out of my mouth is something along line of "show my the RCW that states I have to declare"

then it's the why is that (referring to the m1) not in the trunk

me being my smart a$$ self I reply

"we'll sir I would love to see you try and get that in the trunk of this car"

now he ask if I had any other weapons and of course now told him about the cz on my person

to make a long story short.

never was I asked to provide my papers "aka CPL"

I was never disarmed

and I got off with just a "slow it down a bit sir have a good day"

also I still have yet to decide what is cooler the M1 or the playboy

Eirik

we do the standard lic ins reg

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EirikBlodok View Post
    greetings everyone

today I thought I would share my experience last night with the auburn police.

last night at approx 2100 hours I was pulled over for speeding on west valley highway by dells farm supply for 35 in a 25 (I forgot they changed the darn speed limit about a year ago)

of course I have my standard carry pistol on a cz75 (pre b) to keep this post OC related.

the officer seemed to be convinced I was drinking as my car did not smell very good (dog vomit in the back seat from when my dog got sick the other day) of course it only cleans up so well.

of course I tell him about the dog vomit and that is when he shines his flash light in the back seat.

here is the oh snap! moment.

I guess I got a gift from my father that he snuck into my back seat, when I was at his house. a nice full numbers matching 5 digit s/n Springfield armory built M1 garand. and a January 1967 edition of playboy magazine.

now mr officer is all pissy that I did not declare I had a weapon. of course he still has not noticed my holstered CZ on my right hip yet.

now first thing out of my mouth is something along line of "show my the RCW that states I have to declare"

then it's the why is that (referring to the m1) not in the trunk

me being my smart a$$ self I reply

"we'll sir I would love to see you try and get that in the trunk of this car"

now he ask if I had any other weapons and of course now told him about the cz on my person

to make a long story short.

never was I asked to provide my papers "aka CPL"

I was never disarmed

and I got off with just a "slow it down a bit sir have a good day"

also I still have yet to decide what is cooler the M1 or the playboy

Eirik

we do the standard lic ins reg
    Win's all around....other than speeding and getting stopped.

1. M1 Grand is a hugh win.
    2. 1967 playboy is another win.
    3. Not getting a ticket yet another win.
    4. Cop education and not being intimidated by his authority another win.

I need to have some days like this.

You wanna sell that magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    2. 1967 playboy is another win.
    Oooh! Naked pictures of grandmothers.

Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly, if you choose to answer. Just don't lie. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 10-15-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: to make everybody happy
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I don't have a "cite", I just know you can't lie. I don't lie to people, and that includes cops. If you really need a cite, find it yourself cause I don't need one.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I don't have a "cite", I just know you can't lie. I don't lie to people, and that includes cops. If you really need a cite, find it yourself cause I don't need one.
    You made the claim that there is a requirement. Please cite. Forum rules.

I cannot find such requirement and if it does exist then I would like to know where it is.

Your claim is that I am required to answer the question of if I am armed or not. Last time I checked I can refuse to answer. You have made a claim that I am legally required to answer such question and so you, per the forum rules, are required to cite such claim.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    Oooh! Naked pictures of grandmothers.
    Hey 1967 was a great year and not everyone is a young punk....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    You made the claim that there is a requirement. Please cite. Forum rules.

I cannot find such requirement and if it does exist then I would like to know where it is.

Your claim is that I am required to answer the question of if I am armed or not. Last time I checked I can refuse to answer. You have made a claim that I am legally required to answer such question and so you, per the forum rules, are required to cite such claim.
    I didn't say you are required to answer, I just said that my moral compass would preclude me from lying. If I choose to answer a question, it will be the truth. I don't need to cite how I was brought up, I would get a quote from my parents but they are dead.

You dont have to declare and you dont have to travel with firearms "in the trunk" in wa st

Springfield m1 def. Cooler

Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket
    You have not cited anything to back that up! You phrased it as a requirement not a personal choice.

Ergo, you need to cite it.

Matt, If there is no law requiring you to do something then you're not required to do it. If you're not prohibited from carrying a rifle in the back seat then it's legal.

I cannot prove a negative.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Hey 1967 was a great year and not everyone is a young punk....lol
    I'm an old fart, and that would still be my mother's age.

^^ Someone needs a chill pill

Eirik,

Way cool! Pics of the M1
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket
    I didn't say you are required to answer, I just said that my moral compass would preclude me from lying. If I choose to answer a question, it will be the truth. I don't need to cite how I was brought up, I would get a quote from my parents but they are dead.
    You sir are very much so wrong. You claimed flat out that you "NEED to declare if asked directly" in your original post in this thread. There is no such requirement that I know of in this state. By stating what you stated, you are, per forum rules required to site where you get your information or edit your post to reflect that your statement is an opinion.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Matt, If there is no law requiring you to do something then you're not required to do it. If you're not prohibited from carrying a rifle in the back seat then it's legal.

I cannot prove a negative.
    I know, thats why I said it... I carry a rifle in the back seat all the time, with a 75 rnd drum filled to cap. next to, but not attached, while going to the range. Easier to load at home

yes, pics of the m1!
    Last edited by MattinWA; 10-15-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    I'm an old fart, and that would still be my mother's age.
    Your making me feel like dirt..lol

If you are an old fart at 45-50 than anything above that would be older than dirt I suppose....back in the civil war...crap giving up to much information about my age.

If people demand you "site" (sic), I'm not sure you're required to comply unless the grammar, punctuation, word usage, and spelling of the demand is perfect . . .

I fixed my original post to make all the verbiage nazis happy. So my final say on this is that if I do respond to a question, it will be with the truth. At least I don't hand over a xerox of my DL, CPL, and photos of my guns

Cite please
    Instead of requiring a "cite" per forum rules, why don't you just read the ENTIRE sentence. ie You only need to declare if asked directly, if you choose to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Instead of requiring a "cite" per forum rules, why don't you just read the ENTIRE sentence. ie You only need to declare if asked directly, if you choose to answer.
    Officer: do you have any weapons in the vehicle?
    Me: Why did you pull me over officer? (or "I don't see how that's any of your business officer." if you're feeling snarky)
    Officer: why aren't you answering my question?
    Me: is it pertinent to the traffic stop?

yes, I have learned alot in the year+ that I have been carrying and I am no longer so talkative to officers about $h!t they have no need to be talked to about. :P And I'm also very distrusting of any gooberment agent or representative that is not at all interested in respecting my rights as a LAC
    Last edited by Grim_Night; 10-15-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    If people demand you "site" (sic), I'm not sure you're required to comply unless the grammar, punctuation, word usage, and spelling of the demand is perfect . . .
    cite***

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    There was no choice listed.

He is implying that you must answer.

OK, I did an edit to clarify my statement/opinion to make you happy. The main point I was trying to make was to not lie.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 10-15-2013 at 11:22 PM.

The main point I was trying to make was to not lie.
    Because cops hate competition.

http://burneylawfirm.com/blog/2010/0...cops-cant-lie/
    Cops are allowed to lie about anything.

Let’s repeat that: The police are allowed to lie to you… about anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast