• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

traffic stop by auburn PD last night

Grim_Night

Instead of requiring a "cite" per forum rules, why don't you just read the ENTIRE sentence. ie You only need to declare if asked directly, if you choose to answer.

Officer: do you have any weapons in the vehicle?
Me: Why did you pull me over officer? (or "I don't see how that's any of your business officer." if you're feeling snarky)
Officer: why aren't you answering my question?
Me: is it pertinent to the traffic stop?

yes, I have learned alot in the year+ that I have been carrying and I am no longer so talkative to officers about $h!t they have no need to be talked to about. :p And I'm also very distrusting of any gooberment agent or representative that is not at all interested in respecting my rights as a LAC

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Instead of requiring a "cite" per forum rules, why don't you just read the ENTIRE sentence. ie You only need to declare if asked directly, if you choose to answer.

Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket

There was no choice listed.

He is implying that you must answer.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
OK, I did an edit to clarify my statement/opinion to make you happy. The main point I was trying to make was to not lie.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Freedom1Man

I don't have to stoop to that level. My morality is more important to me. If I give an answer, you may not like it, but at least I can say I was honest. It's easier to remember the truth, than to remember a lie. I will not offer more than what is asked, but just keep to the issue at hand.

I'd rather dodge their questions.

Officer: "Do you have any weapons"
Me being snarky: "Have you stopped beating your wife/husband yet?"

Last edited:

tombrewster421

I'd rather dodge their questions.

Officer: "Do you have any weapons"
Me being snarky: "Have you stopped beating your wife/husband yet?"

Dodging is one thing and lying is another. It may not be illegal to lie to an officer when not under oath, BUT if you get caught lying you bet your a$$ off that will be used against you in court. It's simply not in your best interest to lie. By all means don't answer the question though.

Freedom1Man

Dodging is one thing and lying is another. It may not be illegal to lie to an officer when not under oath, BUT if you get caught lying you bet your a$$ off that will be used against you in court. It's simply not in your best interest to lie. By all means don't answer the question though.

Agreed. I do not advocate lying to known officers.

HPmatt

It's easier to remember the truth, than to remember a lie.

I learned that when a kid - about the time that Playboy being published. Got a few licks with dad's belt (corporal punishment dates you as being almost as old as dirt) for getting a helmet out of the hall closet - and cooked up a lie I was doing 'nothing'.