• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So now I'm an anti

stealthyeliminator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Fn_EzpHFk

Like that one above lol?

The OP never said the guy could not carry ... just wished that he was being safer-er with the firearm. A discussion of safety was my take on the previous posting thread of the OP here; not a discussion of carry or RKBA.

I'm sure if someone pointed a loaded gun at a person's head (even w/o a finger near the trigger) a concern may be vocalized by the person whose head it now being pointed at. (What if it was a cop pointing a gun at your head .. lalala )

Hahahaha. It was as if that video was made as a response to my post.

But yeah, I agree entirely.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is OCDO anti for only advocating the carry of a properly holstered handgun? I should be able to tie a shoestring around the trigger guard and skip down the street bouncing the handgun like a yo-yo, right? If OCDO doesn't condone and encourage this behavior, they must be anti. I mean, it has a firing pin block, what could possibly go wrong?

You're twisting promotion of safety into interference with rights. Still stretching the truth.

OCDO is dedicated/limited to one aspect of RKBA = OC. That by no means indicates an anti position on other aspects of the 2nd Amendment - indeed some are touched on occasionally, but are not our primary focus.

Paraphrasing John - others should feel free to start their own sites covering such things as long guns etc.

Perception, as in beauty or danger, are in the eye of the beholder. In social engineering/public relations, how something is presented can be as important as why. It is not always about me or you, it is a battle for the hearts and minds of others.

Freedom1Man

SOCIAL PRESSURE? That is exactly what got us to where we are now, it is amazing how those spouting this poop do not see how outrageous it is. Any doubt you are a anti has just been clarified, by YOU.

Triggers are not pressed accidently, they are pressed negligently. And far more incidents happen with handguns, and you still have not posted one legitimate incident of a OC LG discharge without the presence of a finger on the trigger. Your whole line is nothing but hoplophobia.

http://www.fairwarning.org/2010/10/...faulty-trigger-accidents-investigation-finds/

It's been documented, thank you Remmington.

stealthyeliminator

OCDO is dedicated/limited to one aspect of RKBA = OC. That by no means indicates an anti position on other aspects of the 2nd Amendment - indeed some are touched on occasionally, but are not our primary focus.

Paraphrasing John - others should feel free to start their own sites covering such things as long guns etc.

Perception, as in beauty or danger, are in the eye of the beholder. In social engineering/public relations, how something is presented can be as important as why. It is not always about me or you, it is a battle for the hearts and minds of others.

That's my point - OCDO is decidedly not anti, even though they've actively suppressed discussion and advocation of certain rights. It seems to me as though Marshall was attacked when there was little or not legitimate criticism of his point of view.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's my point - OCDO is decidedly not anti, even though they've actively suppressed discussion and advocation of certain rights. It seems to me as though Marshall was attacked when there was little or not legitimate criticism of his point of view.
I missed the attack post or was it just disagreement?

Marshall will get responses because he makes people think. He is also not afraid to make his position known. Both characteristics are pluses in my book.

eye95

Because starting a new thread about an existing thread is drama queen behavior -- and border line troll behavior.

And the OP endorsed a criminal solution to a 2A issue -- where the actions had no true injured party.

QFT.

And on the self-esteem bit from another post: When folks talk about self-esteem, its origin is almost always external, i.e. derived from what others think. Self-respect is almost always seen as internal. I don't give a crap about self-esteem. It is almost always used to blame others for what one does. People who have self-respect take responsibility for their own actions.

Red Dawg

Marshall it's up to you to leave, as is your freedom...Here on this forum we advocate for the safe, holstered carry of handguns in every day life. Carrying a long gun, when it's the only option is okay, but again, I see no reason to not focus on safety...Barrels of any kind should be pointed in a safe direction if possible at all times. Again, what about the rule that don't point at anything you don't want to destroy? That's where the OP seems to be pointing out, IMO....He is pretty damn far from Anti, and as others have stated, he does provoke thought with his comments...Disagree, or not, he brings valid points to the table...Most of the time. LOL...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
QFT.

And on the self-esteem bit from another post: When folks talk about self-esteem, its origin is almost always external, i.e. derived from what others think. Self-respect is almost always seen as internal. I don't give a crap about self-esteem. It is almost always used to blame others for what one does. People who have self-respect take responsibility for their own actions.

Self-esteem is based in what you think.

Self-respect is based on what you do.

OC for ME

Majority social pressure leads to liberty too.

Some folks around here are quick to toss labels because they have a difficult time dealing with viewpoints that challenge their worldview.

Anyway, whatever you decide marshaul, good luck.

Dave_pro2a

This is why I not only neglected to defend that statement, I have fairly explicitly recanted it since.

A lawyer would call it an "excited utterance" and therefore more truthful than any subsequent revision.

Dave_pro2a

... Clearly, if I'm an anti I don't belong on this site, now or at any point in the future.

Sorry for being such a little girl,

Original post [/end topic]

Starting a thread on a forum about leaving the forum in a huff IS troll/drama queen behavior.

But your goal has been attained: attention obtained.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Original post [/end topic]

Starting a thread on a forum about leaving the forum in a huff IS troll/drama queen behavior.

But your goal has been attained: attention obtained.

+1

But we are all here somewhat for attention, just that not all of us turn in squealing little girls when we don't get our way.

WalkingWolf

Majority social pressure leads to liberty too.

Some folks around here are quick to toss labels because they have a difficult time dealing with viewpoints that challenge their worldview.

Anyway, whatever you decide marshaul, good luck.
It has typically in history been the minority that brought about changes. But a very vocal minority. Social pressure without common sense and liberty is dangerous.

OC for ME

Did not the "problem" with the 700 manifest itself when the safety was disengaged? Meaning that the trigger had to be pulled, then the safety disengaged, and then the rifle fired without pulling the trigger? I seem to recall a news video where that is the exact sequence of steps shown. Now, who on earth would pull the trigger before disengaging the safety? Also, the 700 is not a AR, not even close. Millions of 700s out there and 75 some odd incidents over how many decades? C'mom man!

I agree, using the 700 to bolster a false position is not good.

Can't argue the point about a vocal (uppity, depending on your POV) minority. I don't mind be called uppity where liberty and the restoration of lost liberties are concerned. The majority of the citizenry do not want our 2A right to be infringed. The problem is that the majority is fragmented, not in agreement, as to what infringed means. Liberals love that about liberty centric folks.

WalkingWolf

I think the majority do not want to have rights infringed IF it concerns THEIR liberty. They are more than happy to go with the flow as long as they get what is vital to them. Few support ALL liberty, including liberty that does not affect them personally.

Clearly demonstrated by this site the majority is in favor of some restrictions to liberty, as long as it fits their bias.

Brace

Just because "public safety" is often used to repress political opponents doesn't mean there's no such thing as a public safety concern. I support people's right to do meth, but not to build a meth lab in the next door apartment. I support people's right to carry a gun, but not to act in a way that puts me in the line of fire of that gun. You're asking for some sort of comprehensive study of all rifles ever demonstrating that accidents are capable of happening with them? The article on the Remington 700 refutes the argument you gave because the argument you gave is that guns never go off without a finger on the trigger. Your new position, stated or not, is now that guns rarely go off without a finger on the trigger, and besides, it might depend on the gun because there isn't enough hard evidence to establish a positive claim for every rifle ever. I don't care how often "rarely" corresponds to, that's a lot of risk to subject strangers to for the sake of the liberty of carrying your rifle at a slightly different angle.

Last edited: