My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Probably call the government because my friend has apparently been possessed by aliens. Or maybe the mental hospital because he's gone off the deep end... again...
    Either that or just call/text him and ask him what in the world was going on...
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Campaign Veteran
    That's a rather strange friend.

Depending on how close we were I'd probably ask them what the point of the sign was.

Banned
    I think I would get his unconditional consent...

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    Probably call the government because my friend has apparently been possessed by aliens. Or maybe the mental hospital because he's gone off the deep end... again...
    Either that or just call/text him and ask him what in the world was going on...
    ^ This
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Now, what if he rents or leases a house and his property owner is the one who post that sign? Is that legal?
    Last edited by OneForAll; 10-15-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    Now, what if he rents or leases a house and his property owner is the one who post that sign? Is that legal?
    Probably depends on the state but in Ohio they cannot prohibit a licensed tenant or his guest from possessing a handgun on the premises according to ORC 2923.126
    (C)(3)(b) A landlord may not prohibit or restrict a tenant who is a licensee and who on or after September 9, 2008, enters into a rental agreement with the landlord for the use of residential premises, and the tenant's guest while the tenant is present, from lawfully carrying or possessing a handgun on those residential premises.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

I'm thinking I'd take the sign down, ring the doorbell, hand it to my friend and say "hey, look what some a$$hole put on your house".

An implausible possibility. Since such a person could not be a friend, the very premise is impossible by definition.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I'm thinking I'd take the sign down, ring the doorbell, hand it to my friend and say "hey, look what some a$$hole put on your house".
    That's funny. Reminds me of a story I just recently saw.

http://www.snopes.com/business/consu...ns.asp#letter1

TLDR: Apparently back in the 70s, at Browns games, people would turn the programs into paper airplanes and throw them around. A season ticket holding lawyer sent a letter basically threatening lawsuit if he or someone else was ever injured because of it. The Brown's response was "Attached is a letter we received on Nov. 19, 1974. I feel that you should be aware that some a$$hole is signing your name to stupid letters."

WHAT IF you give your threads descriptive titles like "NO GUNS sign on friends house" instead of "What if"?