• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party 2.0, Please, Please, Please...

Beretta92FSLady

It's been a while since I been on here, thought I would make a request to Tea Party 2.0's:

Tea Party 2.0's, and your Congress-people, please, please, please, drive us over the cliff.

Hope everyone is doing well; carry on.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You can't blame the person who disabled the steering wheel, when the driver insists on keeping his foot on the gas pedal toward the cliff.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

I thought it left in a huff. Why is it back?

No need for you to "behave like an ass"...

SHE did not leave in a huff!
SHE has been away for 6 months, and came back to say something.
SHE took her leave like a lady,,,
SHE is much more of a gentleman than you ever act like!

Her last post....

[h=2]Take It Easy All[/h]
ri

So, after much contemplation, I have decided to break loose from this forum.--the only forum that I am a member.

I used to own a business, and six years ago I closed-up shop. Recently, I reopened my business, and need to occupy my time with other activities.

This forum has been the sole forum hangout for me, since 2009-ish?; every Liberal forum I have ever been been a member--a pro-Firearm Liberal forum does not exist as far as I am aware, how weird would that be!--, well, I've been banned LOL; the acceptance of difference of opinion speaks volumes to this wonderful forum.

I hope that I didn't get too many people worked-up here. I have an almost bulletproof skin--you develop it when you're someone like me--, and have a tendency play a bit too rough from time to time.

May all of your wildest dreams come true. Seriously, take it easy ladies, and gentlemen.

Be well out there,

~Sara Mae

eye95

I notice that you did not link the whole thread, nor did you use the quote feature (which would have linked the thread). I must wonder, why not?

I have made my point and won't belabor it. Moving on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

1245A Defender

Brace

Hmmph. I used to be a libertarian. Then I realized libertarianism had a fundamental inconsistency in its conditional support for the state, so I became an anarcho-capitalist. Then I realized anarcho-capitalism had yet to be formulated in a tenable way, so I re-examined my moral premises and concluded that my consequentialist views of morality were enough to allow me to accept some level of state intervention. Then I realized that liberty =/= utility and that, while liberty overwhelmingly maximizes utility, and the institutions of free trade and property ownership are utterly necessary for wealth generation, there are times when liberty is a less important goal. I would rather one stubborn rich man, pacifist though he may be, be dragged to prison or before a firing squad for not paying his taxes, than that ten people starve to death needlessly. I guess that makes me the devil, but the devil at least spells out all of his logic. God presents you with a nonsensical series of apparent contradictions that you're supposed to accept as coherent on faith. Largely moot since a market economy doesn't have large numbers of starving people. So I guess I'm halfway between libertarian and social democrat. Quick everyone, argue with me! >_<

eye95

I suspect that his goal in posting is to impress more than it is to communicate.

I find your position on the state objectionable, but if you wanted to engage me on it, I'd communicate clearly with you what I objected to and why. I wouldn't post a comment that I thought was pithy, but had everyone else saying, "What?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

georg jetson

Hmmph. I used to be a libertarian. Then I realized libertarianism had a fundamental inconsistency in its conditional support for the state, so I became an anarcho-capitalist. Then I realized anarcho-capitalism had yet to be formulated in a tenable way, so I re-examined my moral premises and concluded that my consequentialist views of morality were enough to allow me to accept some level of state intervention. Then I realized that liberty =/= utility and that, while liberty overwhelmingly maximizes utility, and the institutions of free trade and property ownership are utterly necessary for wealth generation, there are times when liberty is a less important goal. I would rather one stubborn rich man, pacifist though he may be, be dragged to prison or before a firing squad for not paying his taxes, than that ten people starve to death needlessly. I guess that makes me the devil, but the devil at least spells out all of his logic. God presents you with a nonsensical series of apparent contradictions that you're supposed to accept as coherent on faith. Largely moot since a market economy doesn't have large numbers of starving people. So I guess I'm halfway between libertarian and social democrat. Quick everyone, argue with me! >_<

Lol!!! Why would anyone want to argue with you... you're doing a fine job arguing with yourself.

Ironically, your post is quit fitting for this return thread from BSFLady. She argued with herself all the time. ;)

Brace

My grandpa used to say that people talk to themselves because they want to have a conversation with someone who understands them.

Beretta92FSLady

Welcome back!

Thank you...it's going to be short-lived, though. I just thought I would take gander at the happenings around here, and it looks like cannibalization is going down as I expected. It's unfortunate in way, the expense of a plethora of views at OC has left tea party 2.0 types accusing one another of being 'anti'...comical.

It appears we have avoided all out nuclear meltdown in the House...Boehner will live to fight another day.--he looks tired!

-Republicans -100
-tea party 2.0 +1
-Dems, well, it's looking like 2014 (possibly 2016) may be a banner year for them if things keep going down like this. Who are Republicans going to run in 2016???...Cruz LOL. Republicans/tea party 20's want to run a better candidate this next time around, since of course the past election was the messenger, not the message...run Cruz, run hard Cruz. Cruz, and Paul on the ticket...maybe?

tea party 2.0's are miscalculating what the American People WANT...big time, regarding Obamacare. I'm excited for this next year to see how it plays out.

Carry on gentlemen, Ladies, if there are any here, still...and that carrot knobbing ape.

Last edited: