Thread: ATF’s prescription for leaking secrets: A firing squad?

ATF’s prescription for leaking secrets: A firing squad?

"After months of anguished debate over mass shootings, gun control and Second Amendment rights, the Justice Department finds itself on the defensive after a training manual surfaced that suggests federal agents could face a firing squad for leaking government secrets.

The online manual for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives — complete with a photo of a turn-of-the-century firing squad — was obtained by The Washington Times from a concerned federal law enforcement official, and it immediately drew protests from watchdogs who said it showed a lack of sensitivity to gun violence and the continuing hostile environment toward whistleblowers."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-firing-squad/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "After months of anguished debate over mass shootings, gun control and Second Amendment rights, the Justice Department finds itself on the defensive after a training manual surfaced that suggests federal agents could face a firing squad for leaking government secrets.

The online manual for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives — complete with a photo of a turn-of-the-century firing squad — was obtained by The Washington Times from a concerned federal law enforcement official, and it immediately drew protests from watchdogs who said it showed a lack of sensitivity to gun violence and the continuing hostile environment toward whistleblowers."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-firing-squad/

They should just change their alphabet name to two letters both being an S.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Not all who "leak secrets" are (in fact, most are not) "whistle-blowers." Some are committing "espionage." Most are breaking at least one law. Some, depending on the exact circumstances, might even be guilty of treason. So the death penalty could, indeed, be a possibility for doing what some people prefer to call "leaking."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Not all who "leak secrets" are (in fact, most are not) "whistle-blowers." Some are committing "espionage." Most are breaking at least one law. Some, depending on the exact circumstances, might even be guilty of treason. So the death penalty could, indeed, be a possibility for doing what some people prefer to call "leaking."
    Treason is punishable by death .. but I don't recall any specific ATF case that was brought forth (although the Fast and Furious would certainly qualify)..

Have any cases to cite?

And I don't think that one needs to put treason into an employee manual....

The Constitution is the 'p'resident's employee manual. Where is Human Resources to enforce it? Clean out your desk, Barrak, we've had enough.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Do you ever expect me to address you and your idiocy on topic? There are plenty of rational people here to talk to.

Now tell me... what secrets exactly should the BATFE be in possession of in the first place that, if leaked, would warrant an "espionabe" charge?
    Last edited by georg jetson; 10-16-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Banned
    Do you ever expect me to address you and your idiocy on topic? There are plenty of rational people here to talk to.
    See...and no video either

tsk tsk tsk

government apologizer speaks again -- nothing but hot air

I think that there is a whole list of presidents and congress critters that are guilty of this.

Any of them who have tried to convert us from a Constitutional Republic to a Democracy is guilty of treason.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I think that there is a whole list of presidents and congress critters that are guilty of this.

Any of them who have tried to convert us from a Constitutional Republic to a Democracy is guilty of treason.

Shhhhhhh. You're about to let the cat out of the bag.

All these forum members who accuse libertarians of being lawless and anarchy-minded and so forth. They seem to miss that its the criminals in government who are lawless--ignoring the constitution, expanding power, ruling others without any shred of authority other than they can sic government goons on people who don't comply.

Wouldn't a person guilty of treason be a perpe-traitor?
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-16-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Shhhhhhh. You're about to let the cat out of the bag.

All these forum members who accuse libertarians of being lawless and anarchy-minded and so forth. They seem to miss that its the criminals in government who are lawless--ignoring the constitution, expanding power, ruling others without any shred of authority other than they can sic government goons on people who don't comply.

Wouldn't a person guilty of treason be a perpe-traitor?
    According to http://educate-yourself.org/cn/frank...pexcerpt.shtml "The Franklin Cover Up," there are a number who are pedophiles too.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Wait wait, we are supposed to vote for people who then won't share all the information the government does with us and we are supposed to be supportive of condemning to death those who might leak important information to us about what the people we vote for and the administrations they put in place are doing?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

“During many years of law enforcement experience, I can attest to the fact that law enforcement personnel often use gallows humor as a release from the grim realities of the profession,” he [Richard Roberts] said.
    Well, there ya go, nothing but gallows humor.