• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baretta Model 96

6L6GC

Anyone else carry a Beretta model 96? I have one and most of the holsters that I try for it have the retention snap right over top of the safety. When I push the snap closed it flicks the safety lever to the fire position!! Not good. Anyone have a recommendation for a good holster for the model 96? Thanks in advance,
roN

jeeper1

Serpa.
I have been wanting one of those for years. I have a 92FS in Inox and want a matching one in 40 cal.

Brian D.

Why not carry the model 96 with hammer down and safety in "fire" position? With that and the retention snap you mention, it would seem to me a very safe arrangement. With no slide-mounted manual safety lever to deal with under stress at high speed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Why not carry the model 96 with hammer down and safety in "fire" position? With that and the retention snap you mention, it would seem to me a very safe arrangement. With no slide-mounted manual safety lever to deal with under stress at high speed.

This. It is entirely possible that the holster was designed to make sure you were not carrying with the safety/decocker down.

DocWalker

Duty weapon in the military was a 92FS Berretta and I still have the leg holster for the one I carried in Iraq 2005, I bought it before we deployed as I didn't like the issue holster they gave us for our belts.

I also used the 92FS working at the gate after I retired from the military.

I was required to keep it locked and loaded and on fire while carrying it. So if I had to remove the weapon for use all I would have to do is pull the trigger. This is the SOP for the 92FS in the military.

I have a holster but no pistol that fits it.....guess I need to go shopping. Can't have a empty holster laying around....

jeeper1

I have a holster but no pistol that fits it.....guess I need to go shopping. Can't have a empty holster laying around....
That's how I ended up with a S&W 642-2.