• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your expert Opinion: Who is Faster pistol Disarm & Who wins in a fight?

MartialArtBart

I know its pretty stupid to try and disarm a gun; completely understood. But im looking for some input on this topic as a Gavrilos video finally leaked long enough for me to get ahold of it. Victor is well know but Tom teaches USMC and US ARMY weapon retention and disarms. Only Disarm stuff I could find that was public was more or less just leaked and that's why this whole topic started: Mind you this is him just screwing around after a seminar I guess:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGa5xG4L5c

Your expert Opinion: Who is Faster & Who wins in a fight?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Who wins? The guy who does.

One should certainly not be in arms reach for sure...very easy to take a handgun or rifle from a person who is that close.

Bernymac

Who is faster and who wins?

Depends on how badass the internet persona is portrayed by the user of the forum.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All other things being equal, the first person to move/react wins. Presumes some reasonable level of tactics/training - not for the unskilled.

Agree that no aggressor should be allowed within your safety zone, but it happens and cannot always be prevented.

I remember teaching a preteen disarming moves - he learned his lessons well......now he teaches me. :)

Firearms Iinstuctor

If some one is stupid enough to give you their gun like that the person who moves first.

Things are always easier in a class room setting.

A trained person well never give you the chance at their gun.

Disarming some one is normally a last resort move to many things can go wrong like getting shot.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Upchuck.

His movies are so unrealistic, replete with excessive use of force, I won't watch them any more.

Most of his movies were unwatchable ... back then and now ... but certain scenes were good ... the Chuck Norris scenes of course.

Lone Wolf McQuade was a better movie ..