Thread: Just how "jolly" are Jolly Ranchers candy - enough to arrest you in NYC of course

Banned

Just how "jolly" are Jolly Ranchers candy - enough to arrest you in NYC of course

OCTOBER 18--A New York City man arrested this summer for possession of methamphetamine was actually carrying Jolly Rancher candies that cops mistook for a controlled substance, according to a federal civil rights lawsuit.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ot-meth-765094

Busted...oooooooh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

These cops should be out looking for new jobs if it were up to me...

When there are literally no consequences for being bad at your job it's apparently borderline impossible to be any good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ...Jolly Rancher candies that cops mistook for a controlled substance...
    In their defense, this was NYC. Surely Jolly Ranchers are a controlled substance by now.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    In their defense, this was NYC. Surely Jolly Ranchers are a controlled substance by now.
    I actually thought that's what it was about judging from the title. I was sitting here thinking, surely jolly ranchers don't have THAT much sugar packed into them

Evil is as evil does.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    "Stupid is as stupid does." The LEO's involved in this are just that - stupid - and they get away with it.
    When does wilful stupidity become evil? Evil is as evil does.

He may beat their rap but he will not beat their extra-legal harassment.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

All hail jolly king Heisenberg and his 99% Blue!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    All hail jolly king Heisenberg and his 99% Blue!

That's a good one .... look at him ... "Jolly Ranchers..grrrr"

my grandfather immigrated here from greece in the 50's, anyway whenever i have family come over to visit, i always ask them to bring me fresh mountain tea, oregano etc. Last year, my cousin was detained by TSA for several hours over the oregano. They didnt know what it was and acted like it was weed. you dont need a drug dog to tell the difference in oregano and weed. the officer kept asking him what he did with it, he said, you put it on your food which confused the officer even more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    my grandfather immigrated here from greece in the 50's, anyway whenever i have family come over to visit, i always ask them to bring me fresh mountain tea, oregano etc. Last year, my cousin was detained by TSA for several hours over the oregano. They didnt know what it was and acted like it was weed. you dont need a drug dog to tell the difference in oregano and weed. the officer kept asking him what he did with it, he said, you put it on your food which confused the officer even more.
    Hash brownies? lol

I've been asked ? by TSA and cops in respect to stuff (mostly equipment) .. what is this? I just tell them "you're the detective, figure it out yourself .. charge me or leave me alone".