• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just how "jolly" are Jolly Ranchers candy - enough to arrest you in NYC of course

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just how "jolly" are Jolly Ranchers candy - enough to arrest you in NYC of course

OCTOBER 18--A New York City man arrested this summer for possession of methamphetamine was actually carrying Jolly Rancher candies that cops mistook for a controlled substance, according to a federal civil rights lawsuit.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/jolly-ranchers-not-meth-765094

Busted...oooooooh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

These cops should be out looking for new jobs if it were up to me...

Brace

When there are literally no consequences for being bad at your job it's apparently borderline impossible to be any good at it.

stealthyeliminator

In their defense, this was NYC. Surely Jolly Ranchers are a controlled substance by now.

I actually thought that's what it was about judging from the title. I was sitting here thinking, surely jolly ranchers don't have THAT much sugar packed into them

Yard Sale

All hail jolly king Heisenberg and his 99% Blue!

61Q9bdQ8JWL.jpg

All-Hail-the-King.jpeg

Kopis

my grandfather immigrated here from greece in the 50's, anyway whenever i have family come over to visit, i always ask them to bring me fresh mountain tea, oregano etc. Last year, my cousin was detained by TSA for several hours over the oregano. They didnt know what it was and acted like it was weed. you dont need a drug dog to tell the difference in oregano and weed. the officer kept asking him what he did with it, he said, you put it on your food which confused the officer even more.

davidmcbeth

Banned
my grandfather immigrated here from greece in the 50's, anyway whenever i have family come over to visit, i always ask them to bring me fresh mountain tea, oregano etc. Last year, my cousin was detained by TSA for several hours over the oregano. They didnt know what it was and acted like it was weed. you dont need a drug dog to tell the difference in oregano and weed. the officer kept asking him what he did with it, he said, you put it on your food which confused the officer even more.

Hash brownies? lol

I've been asked ? by TSA and cops in respect to stuff (mostly equipment) .. what is this? I just tell them "you're the detective, figure it out yourself .. charge me or leave me alone".