Thread: Anyone know more about his shooting in TX ? shooting guy just standing there or what?

Banned

Anyone know more about his shooting in TX ? shooting guy just standing there or what?

did something disappear ?

was it the truth that disappeared ?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I see grapeshot has been here.

I'd like to hear the officers explanation for this. I'd also be curious as to their faces when they first realized that this incident was captured on a private party's camera. That would probably tell us a lot as to their intent and state of mind when he/they pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Banned
    I did find this article:

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/arti...an-4906549.php

DALLAS (AP) Surveillance video showing a Dallas police officer shooting a mentally ill man standing still about 20 feet away contradicts the assertion of an officer that the man threatened his safety by lunging at him with a knife.

Well, the video certainly does contradict the statements .... but the guy did have a knife and was in close proximity to the cops. I think if the cops did not lie (and I think that have from what I've read) then they likely could have been cleared. But the lie indicates that they did not feel threatened at the time of the shooting ... that it was more of a preventative measure in anticipation of further possible actions by the guy.

By claiming the the guy was "lunging at them" appears to be a false statement. Really, someone cannot be described as "lunging at you" from 100 M away, right? And the distance was great enough in this instance and the distance was not made further by the cops (by moving backwards) but was made closer by the cops. No one would run into a knife obviously nor would one close the gap making the distance critical enough to require emergency measures. Right?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Well, I certainly don't see a lunge. I know that gaps can be closed very quickly, even one like in the video, but, I don't see a lunge. From the looks of the video I think that you are right - it looks as though they fired in anticipation of a lunge, as a preventative measure. I don't think that amounts to a justifiable homicide.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Well, I certainly don't see a lunge. I know that gaps can be closed very quickly, even one like in the video, but, I don't see a lunge. From the looks of the video I think that you are right - it looks as though they fired in anticipation of a lunge, as a preventative measure. I don't think that amounts to a justifiable homicide.
    Especially when the police themselves advanced to within the Tueller 21' circle.

Some years ago there was a video of a psychotic with a gun on a lawn chair on a sidewalk. Somehow those police didn't shoot the guy when they first approached. They held back and tried to talk him into getting help. Eventually, a sniper shot the revolver out of his hand.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

More importantly, what is the other officer's story and will he stick to it.

Video now marked "private" on YouTube.

Also important to remember that the Tueller 21' radius is against a holstered handgun. I haven't seen the video, but if the cops already had their guns out and pointed in, 20 feet is going to be too far away (to necessitate firing) using the logic from Tueller. Perhaps another good reason for the "lunged" lie.

Somehow I'm betting that no matter how egregious it was we're not going to see attempted-murder charges against the officer.
    Last edited by BrianB; 10-21-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Especially when the police themselves advanced to within the Tueller 21' circle.

Some years ago there was a video of a psychotic with a gun on a lawn chair on a sidewalk. Somehow those police didn't shoot the guy when they first approached. They held back and tried to talk him into getting help. Eventually, a sniper shot the revolver out of his hand.
    i saw that video, awesome shot!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    i saw that video, awesome shot!
    You don't suppose he was trying a head-shot and missed?

Kind of the reverse of the Silverado "He's hit everything he's aimed at."
    Last edited by eye95; 10-21-2013 at 10:42 AM.

The police officers advanced on the victim. The victim never advanced on or towards the police.

The victim never raised his arms or hands and never lunged at officers.

The city will pay some money to the family and the cops will get a paid vacation and a notch on their belts and respect among their fellow gang members or um I mean, co workers.