• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To the Rabid Anti-Open Carriers

IdahoOpenCarry

Rabid, contemptuous and abusive persons who portray themselves as CCers and jump at every opportunity to malign and denigrate OCers just for the fact that they OC, leads me to believe that they are wolves in sheepdog clothing.
I’m not talking to CCers who oppose OC for tactical or personal reasons; I’m talking to those who fervently assail and use vile names and slurs to attack OCers.

The fanatical OCers I have met personally don’t even CC, they are NRA members who hunt and don’t believe that anything other than a shotgun in the home is necessary. In my opinion, they are anti 2nd Amendment surrogates or undercover plants who have duped other CCers into joining them in their tirade. This type of anti-OCer does more damage to our gun-rights than all of the anti-gun groups combined.

Their favorite tactic is to find an offensive OCer and use that one person to label an entire community. There are 45 states that allow OC and the overwhelming majority of the 10’s of thousands of patriots who OC, are upstanding, average citizens who dress sharply and maintain a pleasant demeanor in an effort to win the hearts and minds of those who haven’t made a decision, or who are on the fence, to the pro-2nd Amendment, pro-gun movement.

Don’t tolerate insurgents in your groups who publicly oppose and protest this legal patriotic activity. They are either totally oblivious to the consequences of their thoughtless actions or undercover agents of anti-gun groups.

You are free to quote or re-post this.

Tony Snesko, Founder
Idaho Carry, Open & Concealed
Tony@IdahoCarry.org

Maverick9

Their favorite tactic is to find an offensive OCer and use that one person to label an entire community.

By saying this aren't you continuing the problem? What is an offensive OC-er? Hint: You can't be one by yourself. It takes a person in uniform to cause it.

IdahoOpenCarry

Definition of an Offensive OCer

By saying this aren't you continuing the problem? What is an offensive OC-er? Hint: You can't be one by yourself. It takes a person in uniform to cause it.

Maverick, I don't have a definition because I have yet to see an offensive OCer. But, if you've been to the CC blogs you will find find plenty of examples given by them, and it is to them that I addressed the post; the trolls who invade our forums.

OC for ME

Liberals.....some anyway, own a gun, a shotgun or bolt rifle. The NRA takes their money and ours. The liberal gun owner votes as we do. Fortunately they are not the majority of gun owners that they believe themselves to be. Focus on the task at hand and they will remain irrelevant and frustrated, as liberals are wont to be.

rushcreek2

The foundation upon which this difference of opinion exists is that the very concept of going armed in a so-called "civilized society" - is inherently an uncomfortable situation for most people to adapt to.

I think the difference of opinion simply illustrates the reality that there are differing levels of adaptation.

Any perceived divergence from an accepted norm is going to receive some backwash. How about we think about reducing the level of noise between manner of carry , and start focusing simply on CARRY.

Opposition based upon "I am not comfortable" with something that really doesn't affect me if I elect not to participate is a sign that we as a people have far to much idle time on our hands.