• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MN Gun Laws - Also any Utah Permit Classes Soon?

anmut

I'm going to a family thing in the Twin Cities in November. It looks like I'll have to unload and store my handgun when I cross the state line. I'll be still bringing it with me - any "gotchya" laws I have to worry about when I get to the hotel though?

Also, thinking about this pisses me off enough to pay the extra money and go through the hassle of getting a Utah CCL. Is anyone aware of any classes being hosted soon?

Subsequently, I know a gun store that would host in Central Wisconsin if someone would be willing to teach the class.

Last edited:

JJC

I'm going to a family thing in the Twin Cities in November. It looks like I'll have to unload and store my handgun when I cross the state line. I'll be still bringing it with me - any "gotchya" laws I have to worry about when I get to the hotel though?

Also, thinking about this pisses me off enough to pay the extra money and go through the hassle of getting a Utah CCL. Is anyone aware of any classes being hosted soon?

Subsequently, I know a gun store that would host in Central Wisconsin if someone would be willing to teach the class.

I'm putting on a class Nov 2nd near La Crosse if you're interested. I think Krysta is putting on a class sometime in December on the east side of the state.

JJC

MKEgal

Actually, given that BCI is taking their full 90 days and then some to process applications, taking the class now won't help you for your NOV visit, but will make things easier for future trips.

anmut said:
Is anyone aware of any classes being hosted soon?
I should hear this week about when the class in Kenosha will happen. I'm hoping for Sunday the 17th or 24th of NOV in the late afternoon. If he can't get those days, he wanted 07DEC.
And I should be doing one in early DEC in Green Bay, probably the 7th, maybe the 14th.

I know a gun store that would host in Central Wisconsin if someone would be willing to teach the class.
I'm willing to travel if you can get 10 people to sign up. Depending on how soon you can get the space & people together, I could do it still in OCT or even the first weekend of NOV.
Or you can look on the UT BCI website & download the list of current out-of-state instructors to find someone closer.

ETA: I heard from 2 people on the Wisconsin Carry FB page that their permits took about a month total, including mailing. So BCI is catching up.

Last edited:

anmut

Actually, given that BCI is taking their full 90 days and then some to process applications, taking the class now won't help you for your NOV visit, but will make things easier for future trips.

I should hear this week about when the class in Kenosha will happen. I'm hoping for Sunday the 17th or 24th of NOV in the late afternoon. If he can't get those days, he wanted 07DEC.
And I should be doing one in early DEC in Green Bay, probably the 7th, maybe the 14th.

I'm willing to travel if you can get 10 people to sign up. Depending on how soon you can get the space & people together, I could do it still in OCT or even the first weekend of NOV.
Or you can look on the UT BCI website & download the list of current out-of-state instructors to find someone closer.

Krista - I work at the FFL - I could probably get 10 people together in a two week time or so. What are you charging and how much time do you need?

MKEgal

$60 and the class is supposed to take 4 hours.
Depending on questions, sometimes it's a bit less, sometimes a bit more.
I need a place to put the computer & projector, a place to plug them in, and a screen or wall to throw the picture on.
If you want to do it on a weekend, 2 weeks would be NOV 2 or 3.

anmut

$60 and the class is supposed to take 4 hours.
Depending on questions, sometimes it's a bit less, sometimes a bit more.
I need a place to put the computer & projector, a place to plug them in, and a screen or wall to throw the picture on.
If you want to do it on a weekend, 2 weeks would be NOV 2 or 3.

I could make all of that happen - would you be available to do it after the store closes on a Saturday? 2-6pm?