Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Normal or Not?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jackson county MS
    Posts
    85

    Normal or Not?

    I went to Agricola this weekend to see my buddy and let him shoot some guns. We had to go to a shooting range because his dad was working on their land. I have never been to a shooting range as I always shoot on our land in stone county. When we arrived at the range i had my glock 17 in my safari land holster and walked to the door, they had a sign saying all firearms brought in the store must be unloaded and the breach must be open. This included carry as i saw 3 others with holsters but no guns. Is this normal, if you sell ammo and firearms plus run a shooting range out back, I don't see why you would limit carry.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

  2. #2
    Regular Member mmclin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    3
    Every range I've been to is like this, and not just restricted to MS. There probably are some out there that allow it, but I have yet to visit one.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Regular Member JustaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    728
    Must be a regional thing as I've never seen a sign like that at a range here in NE Ohio. The signs I see say they need to be unloaded or holstered.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

    Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Because people come in and take out their guns to try store holsters, or fail to check them, and to be real, the store doesn't know who's responsible or irresponsible in handling. I don't blame them.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mississippi/Tennessee
    Posts
    102
    For ranges, it's normal. Most gun stores are cool as long as it remains in a holster or is brought in unloaded and cased, one or the other.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I generally ignore their "rules". Never had an issue.

    Never went wacko and shot up the place either ... duh

    Me thinks that they are worried about accidental discharges ... and not wearing your hearing protection...of course one should practice occasionally w/o hearing protection (you're not going to get up in the middle of the night when being burglarized and get hearing protection, right?).

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jackson county MS
    Posts
    85
    I guess from what ive seen its pretty normal in MS, its very odd to me but hey im not running the place.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

  8. #8
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597

    Dallas ranges

    Both indoor ranges I go to here in Dallas also sell guns - they are keep your pistol holstered or if not, have it unloaded w/o magazine.
    ďMen live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Nuts!

    I've been to a few indoor ranges and none say any such nonsense. They do all insist on not shooting directly from a holster draw.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jackson county MS
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Nuts!

    I've been to a few indoor ranges and none say any such nonsense. They do all insist on not shooting directly from a holster draw.
    I was not going to shoot from holster I was at the rifle range side and they wouldn't let me carry


    Also I know its off topic but my girl loves to shoot my Glock 17, if you dont know its a 9mm. That is all she wants to shoot she thinks my AR or my AK has to a little to much recoil for her to sit there and put 500 rounds down range. I wanted to get her a small pistol to shoot when we go to the range, I can not find a review on this gun, if anyone has heard of it please let me know. She will probably put 100-200 rounds a year through this thing so it does not have to be top notch its just a target gun. EAA SAR B6P 9MM DA 3.8SS VL 13 is the gun name and model.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocklover20 View Post
    I was not going to shoot from holster I was at the rifle range side and they wouldn't let me carry


    Also I know its off topic but my girl loves to shoot my Glock 17, if you dont know its a 9mm. That is all she wants to shoot she thinks my AR or my AK has to a little to much recoil for her to sit there and put 500 rounds down range. I wanted to get her a small pistol to shoot when we go to the range, I can not find a review on this gun, if anyone has heard of it please let me know. She will probably put 100-200 rounds a year through this thing so it does not have to be top notch its just a target gun. EAA SAR B6P 9MM DA 3.8SS VL 13 is the gun name and model.
    Get her a GLOCK 19 or get a 9mm upper for your AR. My wife loves my 16" AR and AR pistol. No problems shooting an AK either. She's weighs about a buck-25. Her fav is the regular cqb AR. I leave the operator stock in position 2 I think for her.
    Last edited by Kopis; 10-27-2013 at 08:58 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jackson county MS
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Get her a GLOCK 19 or get a 9mm upper for your AR. My wife loves my 16" AR and AR pistol. No problems shooting an AK either. She's weighs about a buck-25. Her fav is the regular cqb AR. I leave the operator stock in position 2 I think for her.
    I had looked at the 19's, she's a girly girl though so I was going to, against my better judgment, get her a colorful gun
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocklover20 View Post
    I had looked at the 19's, she's a girly girl though so I was going to, against my better judgment, get her a colorful gun
    Exactly! perfect way to get her into it. Get her a G19, have the slide and mags cerakoted in pink and get her a pink comptac holster! I like all the new stuff coming out that is targeting female gun owners. It's good marketing and good for their safety.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocklover20 View Post
    I can not find a review on this gun, if anyone has heard of it please let me know. She will probably put 100-200 rounds a year through this thing so it does not have to be top notch its just a target gun. EAA SAR B6P 9MM DA 3.8SS VL 13 is the gun name and model.
    I've never seen one in person, but the September issue of American Rifleman discusses all the SAR offerings (page 74). Of course, it's not an unbiased review, but since it's a CZ-75 clone (like the EAA Witness and Baby Desert Eagle, but much less ugly than those) it should be fine.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jackson county MS
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Exactly! perfect way to get her into it. Get her a G19, have the slide and mags cerakoted in pink and get her a pink comptac holster! I like all the new stuff coming out that is targeting female gun owners. It's good marketing and good for their safety.
    I'll have to look into getting the gun pink, purple, whatever color she wants on a glock I didn't want to spend to much as it's just a target gun and I think all that on a glock would run about 800-900$ ( including glock )
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •