Thread: My trip to TX and my form of protest

Cool My trip to TX and my form of protest

I took a trip to TX this past weekend and open carried a 33 round Glock magazine as my form of protest of CC laws. I was there for an outdoor wedding at a private residence and shortly before leaving I removed the normal mag from my mag holster and replaced it with the 33 rounder. This sparked a conversation with the residence owner's son. Come to find out, he regularly OCes a black powder pistol!! I also OCed the 33 round mag to Cracker Barrel and a gas station. The Cracker Barrel manager looked at it funny, but no problems. When at the gas station, there was a gasoline tanker truck filling the tank and the driver stood there staring at me for a pretty long while. Too bad I don't own a black powder pistol, but this was the best I could do!

Here is a pic at Cracker Barrel:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ocingmag2.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	10906

I also saw this weird sign at the gas station...I guess this is meant to prohibit non-permit holders...

Name:	sign.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	10907

Smile

Interesting experience, and a discussion stimulus as well. Probably most who observed the mag had no idea what it was. A HINT to any potential perp that you are probably carrying the rest of parts.

There's probably a few LEO's who might be tempted to try to make the case that a magazine = a HANDGUN, but ...unfortunately a magazine fails to meet the definition of a "firearm" under 46.01 and therefore does NOT = a handgun.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 10-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Nice and yes those signs are weird. Non-permit holders are prohibited by default, so... It's somewhat meaningless. You might could say it's for deterrent effect, but.. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post

I also saw this weird sign at the gas station...I guess this is meant to prohibit non-permit holders...

Name:	sign.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	10907
    Yes, that's what "unlicensed" means.

Normally, UCW (unlawfully carrying a weapon) is a misdemeanor charge in Texas. Where alcohol is sold, it jumps up to a felony.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 10-25-2013 at 03:57 AM.